Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prove it! Verification of address.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prove it! Verification of address.

I was approved for a Chase Amazon branded Visa. I called on Friday to be sure everything was on track as it had not appeared on my accounts when I log into Chase.

The CSR told me that they had sent me a notice requesting proof of residence. No biggie, except, I was the victim of identity theft and all my mail now goes to a PO Box because it is more secure. When we moved into our house my girlfriend had the utilities turned on so they are all in her name. No help there.

So I sent Chase the following:

1. A copy of my drivers license with my current street address.
  2. A copy of my current vehicle registration showing current street address.
  3. A letter from my local bank manager stating the street address they have on file.
  4. A copy of my last homeowners insurance bill mailed to my PO Box stating the physical property address insured.
  5. And last but not least a copy of my current loan contract for my car loan with Chase Bank showing my current street address.

Do you think I proved it?

CB

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Prove it! Verification of address.

Smiley Very Happy

What...no DNA sample?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks good. Generally, the address verification is just a way to make sure somebody's not listing 1600 Pennsylvania as their address.

The ins bill and bank letters should be more than enough.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

What...no DNA sample?

Dang! I knew I forgot something! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 13
RadioRob
Established Contributor

You submitted this in tripliate with a notorized affidavit swearing (or atesting) under penalty of law that the info provided is true and accurate, correct?  Smiley Happy

And don't forget the letter letting them claim your first born!  (There are some days I would let mine go with little to no argument, but that's a different discussion.)

Message 5 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

What...no DNA sample?

Did you lick the envelope to seal it?    Leave fingerprints?   Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob wrote:

You submitted this in tripliate with a notorized affidavit swearing (or atesting) under penalty of law that the info provided is true and accurate, correct?  Smiley Happy

And don't forget the letter letting them claim your first born!  (There are some days I would let mine go with little to no argument, but that's a different discussion.)

I promised to be as honest and straightforward with them as they are with me.

My mama always said she wouldn't take a million bucks for any of us and she wouldn't give 2 cents for another one!

Have a day guys and gals!

CB

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prove it! Verification of address. Update

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

What...no DNA sample?

Did you lick the envelope to seal it?    Leave fingerprints?   Smiley Very Happy

Update:

They must have been convinced. I logged in to my Chase account today to verify that my auto payment had posted and found a rather pleasant surprise. My new Amazon card is listed! The only difference is that it is not the $500 they said I would be approved for. It is $1,000! Now this may not seem like much to some of you, but for someone who was delighted to get a $300 Orchard bank card just last year this is huge! (There really needs to be a super mega happy dance icon) Smiley Very Happy

My heartfelt thanks to all of you for all your help and guidance.

CB

Message 8 of 13
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! The work is worth it, isn't it?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynetteM wrote:

Congratulations! The work is worth it, isn't it?

Absolutely! No question about it! It takes time, patience and determination but the payoff is worth it.

Cb

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.