Did you mean: 

Public Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Bank

@Rebuilding101 wrote:

Interesting....

Pro: So I can get this card, set my limit, and not get a credit check (higher limit than BofA secured).

It reports to all three CRB as regular credit card

It's pretty

Con: It will never unsecure

I pay 79 bucks

I'm wondering if I really need it. I want to build my credit, I have a BofA secured for 300, a Cap1 for 500, and a BBRZ for 1,000. All new. I have the money to put into a secured card, 1 or 2 grand, but do I really need it?

IMO, this card is NOT for you. You already have plenty of nice cards to rebuild with. If you are having difficulty getting approved for higher limit CL cards, perhaps you should take your 2k and open a secured card with a credit union because it will eventually unsecure and leave you with another nice card plus build a relationship with that CU for future loans.

Message 11 of 16
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Very good point. I'll look into my credit union and see if they have secured cards. Thx!

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Rebuilding101 wrote:

Interesting....

Pro: So I can get this card, set my limit, and not get a credit check (higher limit than BofA secured).

It reports to all three CRB as regular credit card

It's pretty

Con: It will never unsecure

I pay 79 bucks

I'm wondering if I really need it. I want to build my credit, I have a BofA secured for 300, a Cap1 for 500, and a BBRZ for 1,000. All new. I have the money to put into a secured card, 1 or 2 grand, but do I really need it?

You are already past needing it.   I would increase the BofA deposit when they let you.

Message 13 of 16
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Yeah I wanted to do that, but I don't want the hard hit against my CR :/

Message 14 of 16
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Rebuilding101 wrote:

Yeah I wanted to do that, but I don't want the hard hit against my CR :/

Why are you worried about credit score now?   Are you planning to apply for more credit soon?  I would get it out of the way and better position yourself for the future.

Message 15 of 16
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

I'm trying to get credit now, so it can grow with me, so in a few years (two or three) when I'm ready to buy a house, it's served it's purpose.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.