Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Savings Bank closed by FDIC sold to Capital Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Savings Bank closed by FDIC sold to Capital Bank

And I just check capital bank website. They don't provide any credit cards. I'm quite certain right now my oldest tradeline will go down the drain....

Message 21 of 66
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And I just check capital bank website. They don't provide any credit cards. I'm quite certain right now my oldest tradeline will go down the drain....

Not necessarily, the credit card business of PSB was likely making good money.   So Capital Bank may want to keep or expand it  

Even if they close the cards, it is still your oldest TL for 10 more years. .

Message 22 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

for now I just pray for they keep an account open.

Message 23 of 66
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sadly, the account might well get closed, but what you want to hope for is that it will continue to report for 1o more years. If it does, it will still contribute to your AAoA and longest history (if it's your oldest reporting account.)

As the others said, you should get your securing deposit back, as it was insured by the FDIC, but it might not hurt to start rummaging around for the paperwork from back when you opened it.

In the meantime, I would strongly advise getting friendly with a local credit union that issues CC's.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 66
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Capital Bank of Maryland. i hope they continue making the Blue Sky Public Secured card the great card that it is Smiley Happy

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 25 of 66
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Capone = Capital Bank?

Message 26 of 66
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@-Cain- wrote:
Capone = Capital Bank?

Capital One

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 27 of 66
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

sorry my bad. this is NOT capital one that is taking over. Capital Bank of Maryland.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 28 of 66
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@scottwagnon wrote:

sorry my bad. this is NOT capital one that is taking over. Capital Bank of Maryland.

And my fault for assuming it was Cap 1.  Smiley Sad

It's late and I completely misread what was written right in front of me.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 29 of 66
SanityKills
New Contributor

I believe this is the new website. A search for "Capital Bank NA" leads back to what we know is a Maryland bank.

http://www.capitalbankmd.com/

CreditKarma TU: 680 | Credit.com EX: 668 | Equifax EQ: 671 | Credit Sesame Simulated FICO: 736
Citi Platinum Select: ($6900), Chase Freedom ($3500), Amex BCE ($5000), Amex CLEAR ($6000), Barclaycard Ring ($2800), Barclay Rewards MC ($2500), CareCredit ($4100), Kohls ($1000) | UTL: 3.14%
Message 30 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.