Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger...Chase Sapphire Preferred

Congrats on your approval

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aris, the sapphire preferred has no foreign trans fee. Citi TY pref does, the premier doesn't, you might consider an upgrade if you plan to use that over chase abroad because of the chip.
Message 12 of 14
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

You have a point, CSO, but not sure if I want to deal with fee of $125/year. To be honest, the chip and signature I got as an emergency use in case I had trouble since it has no annual fee. I will primarily be using the CSP unless I need to use the card with the chip. i just don't want to deal with the hassle of ANOTHER fee. I already have yearly fees on my 3 amex, OPP, and now CSP (next year).  I'm feed out Smiley Wink 

I may consider it in the future once I rid of 2 of the 3 AMEX cards. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 13 of 14
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I want this card soooooo badly, to be honest, I only want it because of it's looks and I have read it is made of metal, just an overall killer looking card.

But I do not need itSmiley Sad so it's a no go for me, not at this point.

However, Super Congratulations to you!!!!!!

I can tell you one thing...alot of ppl have not seen the CSP in action of much...each time when the card is being used, you can look at the cashier's facial expression after you hand the card to them and they have this "blank" looked on their face...kinda like what is this card?

haha....besides the Centurion card, I don't see many of those looks. I don't have the Centurion but one of my good friend does....just makes me sicked when he pulls that card out, just burning envies. The CSP is a poor's man Centurion without the jaw dropping AF Smiley Happy Best of all...they work very well with Continental.

Don't know what you are waiting for....your score is great. App now so your CSP can say 2011 and not 2012. Help your AAoA which in turn will help your score when we roll to 2012. In other words, your score won't take a big hit once year 2012 hit imho. GL.

Im not worried about my AAoA's I have 3 AmEx cards backdated to 91 my AAoA's are high, one new account won't hurt that one bit.

It's just I'm at a point now where I have all the credit I need, I am more interested in protecting the scores I have now, rather than apping for further credit knowing I can most likely get any CC I want, with very high CL's, but that's not important to me at this particular time.

Maybe late next year I'll apply for this card, if/when my FICO's are all within the 815-825 ranges.

But, I really do want this card, but I know my plan and I can not deviate from it, because doing so, would be like not having a plan at all, just my 0.01 cents.

GL and I appreciate your advice. I am not touching any new apps unless it's Amex for backdating. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.