cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

I talked over the entire process with my investor and although I honestly don't travel enough to require this card for flight "bonuses" I do receive other perks that I was unaware of at first! So, after deliberating a bit back and forth I decided to have my IA apply for me and I was approved! Smiley Happy A big step up from my ol' capital one venture card hahaha! Now I have to find a wallet to house this baby when it gets here... It would be funny to pull out fifty bucks wrapped around a rubber band with an amex black card tucked in it ;p

Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

By the way, if anybody else is interested in the card i know an AWESOME IA that can help you! He's been doing investing and accounting for yearrrrrs! As you can see below my fico is in the high 700's and he still got me approved Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 111
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Congratulations !

Sounds like you took a giant leap compared to your other cards Smiley Happy Did you receive an invite for the personal centurion? Is your AF waived?

Message 3 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand of Centurion the first year is not an AF, you have to pay 5k to join and then yearly AF is 2.5k.

One day I will win the powerball, then I will get me a Centurion... and more importantly Mila Kunis Heart

Message 4 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MustangSaluki wrote:

Congratulations !

Sounds like you took a giant leap compared to your other cards Smiley Happy Did you receive an invite for the personal centurion? Is your AF waived?

Thank You! My IA (Investment accountant) recieved an invite for myself and then called me to ask me if i was interested... Thats when we started discussing it over and seeing if it was worth it... In the end it was for me.. I DO have to pay the annual fee however my IA said i don't have an initiation fee because that was one of my BIG things.. I was going to go through with it if i had an "initiation" fee like i was paying closing costs on a mortgage!.. I dont know if this is because they no longer do that or if they just didnt choose to charge me.,.

Message 5 of 111
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations! Yes, that is a huge step up from Cap1, even their Venture card. Enjoy it!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 111
GQ-007
Valued Member

What type of American Express card did you have prior to receiving the offer? And on average, how much were you spending annually your Amx?
Message 7 of 111
r34dy2fly
Contributor

They... didn't charge you an initial fee? Seriously?

Message 8 of 111
L-TWT
Established Contributor

No offense, but why would you or any1 else pay a $5,000 initiation fee & a $2,500 annual fee for a card that offers the same benefits as the "Amex Platinum", even if the money is not an issue!

Message 9 of 111
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'm totally in awe of you.

I kinda like the int'l ones with the EMV chips in 'em.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 10 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.