cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

OP congrats on your Centurion. The Ultimate card to have but i would put it in the same category as the Palladium and AMEX Plat.

Message 31 of 111
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Well this is the strangest story I have heard. Basically violates everything Amex has said recently and people have guessed about the rules for centurion invite. Additionally, doesn't even meet the old requirements which have been for sure raised. Trying to make sense of it as opposed to just poking holes at original poster. The only three scenarios I can think of. One, accountant has connections in Amex to get one of the few marketing, high visibility cards offered, but there have been no confirmed reports of anyone receiving personal centurion invite outside of those. Two, this is a business cent. Invite which have been going out. Amex cares less about cent business invite as they typically don't get the targeted offers like gift cards, free nights at hotels, etc. third, this is a international dollar Amex cent issued out of Amex uk which with the right phone call from a banker you can get. Assuming the facts are correct, I would guess one or three but three more likely. I haven't heard of any bus cent invite waiving initiation fee.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 32 of 111
dnice77
Regular Contributor

It seems as of late everyone that gets a centurion is blamed for fabricating the truth. No I don't have one, I have a plat but I do work in the entertainment business and I KNOW FOR A FACT, people who are wealthy have gotten Centurion invites on their assets alone, some are in their 20s with horrible credit.

A few years ago in NYC there was a AMEX Cent party, if you got into the party with a Cent holder they asked then non holder if you wanted to apply, yes APPLY.

The OP didn't disclose any of his assets so what if he came into a large sum on $ recently and his IA put the money in the right fund ? I know every time I make some major investment change I start getting CC offers. 

We all know AMEX is a different animal, hey I had them IIB before now I have 3 personal and 2 business cards. 

If the OP or anyone has the disposable cash to get noticed by AMEX I'm sure a cent is not that difficult.

Just my 2 cents... I hope the OP can post pics tomorrow !!

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

If the Black AMEX had a reasonable AF, it would make sense but the benefits are not that greater than the Platinum.

I mean for that AF and fees, I should have a dedicated phone number for them Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 111
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MustangSaluki wrote:

Congratulations !

Sounds like you took a giant leap compared to your other cards Smiley Happy Did you receive an invite for the personal centurion? Is your AF waived?

Thank You! My IA (Investment accountant) recieved an invite for myself and then called me to ask me if i was interested... Thats when we started discussing it over and seeing if it was worth it... In the end it was for me.. I DO have to pay the annual fee however my IA said i don't have an initiation fee because that was one of my BIG things.. I was going to go through with it if i had an "initiation" fee like i was paying closing costs on a mortgage!.. I dont know if this is because they no longer do that or if they just didnt choose to charge me.,.

Do you mean FA (Financial Advisor) or TA (Tax accountant)?  Or maybe you mean IB (investment banker) but usually that term only applies to B2B, M&A kinda stuff.

Oh, and congrats. Your IA (whatever the actual title) must be well known to have high end clientelle for AMEX to route apps through them. For instance, I would expect most entertainment and sports folks are not approached directly by AMEX but through their agents and business managers.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 35 of 111
r34dy2fly
Contributor

I'm a bit skeptical myself but you know what they say... "It didn't happen without pics!"

I figure if you wanted, you can grab the small package the card comes in, write your handle on a note card and post it online.

No card numbers are shown, your story will have more credibility (honestly the waiving of the fee gets me considering thats what pays for a lot of the perks), and everyone gets to see the awesome packaging the card originally comes in. Smiley Happy WIN WIN

Message 36 of 111
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

OP said they will post the pics tomorrow...so just wait.  Maybe the annual fee somehow is justified (no clue what all perks it comes with).  I won't even look at trying to get a card like this unless I am at least 250k+ job  (Lottery doesn't count!).

Message 37 of 111
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

If you typed it, that you got it, that's good enough for me.

Grats

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 38 of 111
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 111
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  That's one heck of an AF.  You'll really have to use that puppy to make up for that kind of a fee I would think. Smiley Very Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 40 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.