cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

tag
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

Impressive.... Congrats you must have some serious clout.

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 41 of 111
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@r34dy2fly wrote:

I'm a bit skeptical myself but you know what they say... "It didn't happen without pics!"

I figure if you wanted, you can grab the small package the card comes in, write your handle on a note card and post it online.

No card numbers are shown, your story will have more credibility (honestly the waiving of the fee gets me considering thats what pays for a lot of the perks), and everyone gets to see the awesome packaging the card originally comes in. Smiley Happy WIN WIN

Pics can be altered through quite easily.

It looks like we have another TannerK. I refrained from making comments about him last time, but I'm not going to hold back in this case. Nothing about this makes any sense whatsoever. How pathetic.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-to-do-when-you-think-a-poster-is-full-of-it/td-p/1...

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 42 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

I think we take this too far. If the OP has a Centurion, then fine all the nore power to him. But if he doesnt, he is just fooling himself for it has no repercussion on any of our daily lives.

This whole notion of pictures to prove is silly. Photoshop is a great tool. Plus when a picture of a card is shown, the poster will have to black out the name, number etc. One can take any picture out there and do that.

Again OP I congratulate you on your Centurion Black. The incident with TannerK where he got attacked personally was riduculous and I see it repeating itself again.

Give it a rest people.

Message 43 of 111
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I agree. It is useful info, assuming it is true, that Amex has started giving personal Amex cent invites out in USA again as they haven't for 1 1/2 years. Or confirmation that Amex USA business centurion invites are going out and requirements might be. However, no reason to attack the original poster. Hopefully he can shed light on this one way or another.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 44 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow this thread was sure busy since yesterday afternoon haha... To everybody who has backed me, I thank you! To everybody who has called me a liar, well I'm sorry you feel that way. I would type more but I'm on my blackberry... Fedex and ups usually drop off packges at my office around 2-230 so as soon as I recieve the package I will take pictures and post accordingly... If I have time I may actually do a YouTube unboxing of the card but I'll have to see how much time I have... If I do an unboxing I'll post the link on here for you guys!
Message 45 of 111
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Thanks iron. Mind answering the questions I had earlier. Know if this is USA Amex cent? If USA cent, business or personal? If personal, mind asking your ia if he has special connections to Amex? If he does, I can tell you a bunch that would use him. Don't mind the people in disbelief as your situation basically violates all the known Amex policies around cent cards unless we are talking about scenarios I outlined.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 46 of 111
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Mind if I have custody of the card about once a year?  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 47 of 111
CS800
Super Contributor

Iron it would be fair to put everyone who has backed you up as AU lol

Message 48 of 111
Scene
Regular Contributor

and who is this IA you speak soo highly of? (don't want to read through pages of nonsensical babble and sycophancy) I am interested and what are his/her fees? Any public CV? What firm does s/he work for? Independent?

Message 49 of 111
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I am a Youtube junky, so +1 on unboxing!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 50 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.