cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

@sjt wrote:

Im not going to make any judgements on whether the OP really obtained a Centurion Card or not because I really dont know.

But my question is why would anyone lie on these boards. We are all here for one reason, which is to learn, share information, and get inspired , that will benefit us all in the credit world.

I dont get it.

Because they can and on the internet no one knows you're a dog.

That said, enjoy the thread for the entertainment value alone. It would be nice if some celeb would stop by and post how they got a "C" app and whether it came through their agent or, less likely IMO,  financial advisor. Most celebs have zero inclination to spend time at credit forums. Even if they have crappy credit (a lot of wealthy people have horrible credit) it's just something to delegate or better, have their agent/manager pay the bills and charge stuff.

At least in most cases.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 71 of 111
logan_720
Established Contributor

Guys, I just opened 3 new centurion accounts. And they waived all fees. And they gave me 15 free companion tickets to an airline of my choosing. 

I love threads like this Smiley LOL

Message 72 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just won the powerball for 190M (that is a capital M).  I apped for a Centurion, was approved, chose next day delivery and it was delivered by Mila Kunis Heart 

Sorry but the video I was planning on making of the Centurion unboxing became a video of unboxing Mila Kunis... 

You can call me a liar, but what would you have done in the same situation?

Oh and in a related story, my Cap1 rebuilder card  got a massive CLI and is now 5 digits!!!!

**wakes up**

Weird dream...  So unrealistic!  LIke Cap1 would ever increase a CL that high on a rebuilder card!

Message 73 of 111
john398
Senior Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

Guys, I just opened 3 new centurion accounts. And they waived all fees. And they gave me 15 free companion tickets to an airline of my choosing. 

I love threads like this Smiley LOL

They should of just gave you your own airline

Message 74 of 111
logan_720
Established Contributor

Oh, well, I wasn't going to say anything at first because I didn't want to make you guys feel jealous, but they did give me the rights to own an airline.....or three. 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 75 of 111
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Im not going to make any judgements on whether the OP really obtained a Centurion Card or not because I really dont know.

But my question is why would anyone lie on these boards. We are all here for one reason, which is to learn, share information, and get inspired , that will benefit us all in the credit world.

I dont get it.

That said, enjoy the thread for the entertainment value alone. It would be nice if some celeb would stop by and post how they got a "C" app and whether it came through their agent or, less likely IMO,  financial advisor. Most celebs have zero inclination to spend time at credit forums. Even if they have crappy credit (a lot of wealthy people have horrible credit) it's just something to delegate or better, have their agent/manager pay the bills and charge stuff.

At least in most cases.

The one person I know who got a personal centurion, not a business one, got it through their pr agent. Pr agent made call to someone in Amex. I do hear business centurion cards are going out. Business cent don't get those special offers often however.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 76 of 111
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I dont get it.

At least in most cases.

The one person I know who got a personal centurion, not a business one, got it through their pr agent. Pr agent made call to someone in Amex. I do hear business centurion cards are going out. Business cent don't get those special offers often however.

Thanks. In many ways that's Amex's target demographics for the Centurion. It's a great branding strategy and makes sense to keep that channel active.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 77 of 111
annielorie
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just won the powerball for 190M (that is a capital M).  I apped for a Centurion, was approved, chose next day delivery and it was delivered by Mila Kunis Heart 

Sorry but the video I was planning on making of the Centurion unboxing became a video of unboxing Mila Kunis... 

You can call me a liar, but what would you have done in the same situation?

Oh and in a related story, my Cap1 rebuilder card  got a massive CLI and is now 5 digits!!!!

**wakes up**

Weird dream...  So unrealistic!  LIke Cap1 would ever increase a CL that high on a rebuilder card!

You almost had me asking for a date, that is until Mila was thrown into the mixSmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 78 of 111
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

Oh, well, I wasn't going to say anything at first because I didn't want to make you guys feel jealous, but they did give me the rights to own an airline.....or three. 

Smiley Very Happy

No, no!  The deal is that if you buy one airline, they will give your companion a free airline. Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 111
sjt
Senior Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I dont get it.

At least in most cases.

Thanks. In many ways that's Amex's target demographics for the Centurion. It's a great branding strategy and makes sense to keep that channel active.

One good thing about this thread is that we learned there are various way one can get membership.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 80 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.