Established Member
r34dy2fly

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

Because money is "not" an issue. :smileytongue:

I don't know much about the card other than the fact that I'll never be able to get one. Lol

AMEX Platinum EMV - AMEX SPG - Chase Sapphire Preferred EMV - Chase Sapphire - Discover More - USAA World MC EMV
Frequent Contributor
L-TWT

So can u please pay off my school loans! PLEASE!:smileywink:

Portfolio: Amex BCE (21.6k) | Cap1 QS VS (15k) | Citi Dividend WEMC (30K)

"Having a credit card is nice, but cash is king"
Established Contributor
sjt

Ironhide1189 wrote:

I talked over the entire process with my investor and although I honestly don't travel enough to require this card for flight "bonuses" I do receive other perks that I was unaware of at first! So, after deliberating a bit back and forth I decided to have my IA apply for me and I was approved! :smileyhappy: A big step up from my ol' capital one venture card hahaha! Now I have to find a wallet to house this baby when it gets here... It would be funny to pull out fifty bucks wrapped around a rubber band with an amex black card tucked in it ;p

Did your IA help obtain an invite for you?

Established Contributor
2NE1

sjt wrote:

Did your IA help obtain an invite for you?

Ironhide1189 wrote:

Thank You! My IA (Investment accountant) received an invite for myself and then called me to ask me if i was interested... Thats when we started discussing it over and seeing if it was worth it... In the end it was for me.. I DO have to pay the annual fee however my IA said i don't have an initiation fee because that was one of my BIG things.. I was going to go through with it if i had an "initiation" fee like i was paying closing costs on a mortgage!.. I dont know if this is because they no longer do that or if they just didnt choose to charge me.,.

Starting Score: 486 EQ, 529 TU, 518 EX 12/6/2011 (FICOS - lender pull)
Current Score: 595 EQ SW 1/10/13 628 TU08 1/10/2013 593 EX (BoA HP) 1/5/12
Goal Score: > 620
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge! | Diamond Spade Garden Club Member: App free since 7/2012
Valued Contributor
Crashem

Seems strange to me. Did you even have Amex before this? Unless you are outside of us or talking about one of the usd denominated euro Amex cent cards, it doesn't make much sense.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
bribro

I thought they were no longer giving out invites for the Centurion card? Pics please. :smileyhappy:

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Valued Contributor
Crashem

I have heard that business centurion invites have gone out so far this year. Only personal invites confirmed are to high visibility/marketing related invites.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
New Contributor
skyisthelimit

I still don't get the fee's for this card.  I mean if you are making this much money, why would u even need a credit card or a FICO score?  Sigh, I guess I will never figure this out.........

Ironhide1189

tinuviel wrote:

Congratulations! Yes, that is a huge step up from Cap1, even their Venture card. Enjoy it!

Thank You! :smileyhappy:

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
Established Contributor
Jlu

It's like asking why you need a Ferrari when a Toyota Camry would get you to the same destination.

Wallet: JP Morgan Select Visa Signature $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5700 | AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card | Barclaycard Visa $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom Visa $3k | Capital One Quicksilver $3k | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $8k | Walmart Store $5k | Amazon Store $10k | Chase Total Checking |

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+