Reply
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


GQ-007 wrote:
What type of American Express card did you have prior to receiving the offer? And on average, how much were you spending annually your Amx?

 

Believe it or not I had an Amex Zync card before! When the card first came out I thought it was a high tier card and applied quickly and then I realized it wasn’t really "high tier" but I only had one card at the time other than that one so I used it frequently but no major purchases... I probably ran about 400 a month through it.. nothing big. My IA is pretty good with my investments and is pretty well known inNew York.. (I live in New Jersey Now) and he's really good and getting good offers for his clients.. Example: He found me a privately insured short term CD for 3%... That’s basically unheard of right now...

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


r34dy2fly wrote:

They... didn't charge you an initial fee? Seriously?



Seriously! I told him i wouldnt do it if there was a big initial fee because i didn't see the point and he told me not to worry about it.. So, i'll have to double check but as far as im aware no initial fee.. but i do have the AF

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


L-TWT wrote:

No offense, but why would you or any1 else pay a $5,000 initiation fee & a $2,500 annual fee for a card that offers the same benefits as the "Amex Platinum", even if the money is not an issue!



I agree when it comes to certain credit card... Thats why i had to look deep and see all of the "perks" because for flying it didn't do me much good and believe it or not there are so many small perks that for me, make a lot of sense.. Things as small as free train fare on the bullet line in NYC.. I didn't even know about that stuff!

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


injustifiiable wrote:

I'm totally in awe of you.

 

 

I kinda like the int'l ones with the EMV chips in 'em.



If you want i'll give you joint custody of the card.. you can have it every other weekend ;P haha

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


Crashem wrote:
Seems strange to me. Did you even have Amex before this? Unless you are outside of us or talking about one of the usd denominated euro Amex cent cards, it doesn't make much sense.

Yes i had a Zync... i replied to another posters response which will help answer your question as well :smileyhappy: Why doesn't it make sense though?

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,724
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


Jlu wrote:

It's like asking why you need a Ferrari when a Toyota Camry would get you to the same destination.

 

 


The only true statement given in this thread so far is this one!

 

Centurion is by invitation only and spending $400 on a Zync and no AF and no Initial startup are not things Amex waives - I Don't think I have ever even seena platinum AF waived, they only do it on Green and Golf Charge Cards.

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


bribro wrote:

I thought they were no longer giving out invites for the Centurion card? Pics please. :smileyhappy:


They are going to overnight my card so i should have it tomorrow.. I will happily post a few pics of the package when it comes

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


Creditaddict wrote:

Jlu wrote:

It's like asking why you need a Ferrari when a Toyota Camry would get you to the same destination.

 

 


The only true statement given in this thread so far is this one!

 

Centurion is by invitation only and spending $400 on a Zync and no AF and no Initial startup are not things Amex waives - I Don't think I have ever even seena platinum AF waived, they only do it on Green and Golf Charge Cards.


Im sorry you don't believe my statements but i really have no reason to lie.. I'm just happy about it so i posted the thread.. I dont know why you would say Amex doesnt waive certain fee's though.. the only people that can that are Amex and im sorry to say they do.. just because a majority doesnt recieve something doesnt mean it doesnt happen..

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,724
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


Ironhide1189 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Jlu wrote:

It's like asking why you need a Ferrari when a Toyota Camry would get you to the same destination.

 

 


The only true statement given in this thread so far is this one!

 

Centurion is by invitation only and spending $400 on a Zync and no AF and no Initial startup are not things Amex waives - I Don't think I have ever even seena platinum AF waived, they only do it on Green and Golf Charge Cards.


Im sorry you don't believe my statements but i really have no reason to lie.. I'm just happy about it so i posted the thread.. I dont know why you would say Amex doesnt waive certain fee's though.. the only people that can that are Amex and im sorry to say they do.. just because a majority doesnt recieve something doesnt mean it doesnt happen..


A $7500 Waiver of AF for a $400/Month $25 AF Customer!!! = NO

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
New Member
Ironhide1189
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)


Creditaddict wrote:

Ironhide1189 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Jlu wrote:

It's like asking why you need a Ferrari when a Toyota Camry would get you to the same destination.

 

 


The only true statement given in this thread so far is this one!

 

Centurion is by invitation only and spending $400 on a Zync and no AF and no Initial startup are not things Amex waives - I Don't think I have ever even seena platinum AF waived, they only do it on Green and Golf Charge Cards.


Im sorry you don't believe my statements but i really have no reason to lie.. I'm just happy about it so i posted the thread.. I dont know why you would say Amex doesnt waive certain fee's though.. the only people that can that are Amex and im sorry to say they do.. just because a majority doesnt recieve something doesnt mean it doesnt happen..


A $7500 Waiver of AF for a $400/Month $25 AF Customer!!! = NO

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So, every person that has ever owned a high tier card has never started out at the bottom?I've worked very hard to obtain my assets and net worth.. I wasn't born wealthy, not poor but not wealthy and it makes me feel good that i've been able to recieve the card.  My annual fee is not waived.. my initiation fee was.. So, i still pay my AF but not my initial start up fee.. When i talked about this card with my IA he told me the annual fee wasn't really a profitable margin for amex and that it was really paying for insurance... Not for me, for amex. Which i don't fully understand but i am still looking into!

Fico as of 06/08/2012 - 742

Goal: 800 Club

In My Wallet: Amex Centurion, Chase Freedom, Capital One Venture (Long Story Haha)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}