cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulled the trigger, I am now a proud Centurion :)

@GQ-007 wrote:
What type of American Express card did you have prior to receiving the offer? And on average, how much were you spending annually your Amx?

Believe it or not I had an Amex Zync card before! When the card first came out I thought it was a high tier card and applied quickly and then I realized it wasn’t really "high tier" but I only had one card at the time other than that one so I used it frequently but no major purchases... I probably ran about 400 a month through it.. nothing big. My IA is pretty good with my investments and is pretty well known inNew York.. (I live in New Jersey Now) and he's really good and getting good offers for his clients.. Example: He found me a privately insured short term CD for 3%... That’s basically unheard of right now...

Message 21 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@r34dy2fly wrote:

They... didn't charge you an initial fee? Seriously?

Seriously! I told him i wouldnt do it if there was a big initial fee because i didn't see the point and he told me not to worry about it.. So, i'll have to double check but as far as im aware no initial fee.. but i do have the AF

Message 22 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@L-TWT wrote:

No offense, but why would you or any1 else pay a $5,000 initiation fee & a $2,500 annual fee for a card that offers the same benefits as the "Amex Platinum", even if the money is not an issue!

I agree when it comes to certain credit card... Thats why i had to look deep and see all of the "perks" because for flying it didn't do me much good and believe it or not there are so many small perks that for me, make a lot of sense.. Things as small as free train fare on the bullet line in NYC.. I didn't even know about that stuff!

Message 23 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@injustifiiable wrote:

I'm totally in awe of you.

I kinda like the int'l ones with the EMV chips in 'em.

If you want i'll give you joint custody of the card.. you can have it every other weekend ;P haha

Message 24 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:
Seems strange to me. Did you even have Amex before this? Unless you are outside of us or talking about one of the usd denominated euro Amex cent cards, it doesn't make much sense.

Yes i had a Zync... i replied to another posters response which will help answer your question as well Smiley Happy Why doesn't it make sense though?

Message 25 of 111
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

It's like asking why you need a Ferrari when a Toyota Camry would get you to the same destination.

The only true statement given in this thread so far is this one!

Centurion is by invitation only and spending $400 on a Zync and no AF and no Initial startup are not things Amex waives - I Don't think I have ever even seena platinum AF waived, they only do it on Green and Golf Charge Cards.

Message 26 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bribro wrote:

I thought they were no longer giving out invites for the Centurion card? Pics please. Smiley Happy

They are going to overnight my card so i should have it tomorrow.. I will happily post a few pics of the package when it comes

Message 27 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

It's like asking why you need a Ferrari when a Toyota Camry would get you to the same destination.

Centurion is by invitation only and spending $400 on a Zync and no AF and no Initial startup are not things Amex waives - I Don't think I have ever even seena platinum AF waived, they only do it on Green and Golf Charge Cards.

Im sorry you don't believe my statements but i really have no reason to lie.. I'm just happy about it so i posted the thread.. I dont know why you would say Amex doesnt waive certain fee's though.. the only people that can that are Amex and im sorry to say they do.. just because a majority doesnt recieve something doesnt mean it doesnt happen..

Message 28 of 111
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Im sorry you don't believe my statements but i really have no reason to lie.. I'm just happy about it so i posted the thread.. I dont know why you would say Amex doesnt waive certain fee's though.. the only people that can that are Amex and im sorry to say they do.. just because a majority doesnt recieve something doesnt mean it doesnt happen..

A $7500 Waiver of AF for a $400/Month $25 AF Customer!!! = NO

Message 29 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

A $7500 Waiver of AF for a $400/Month $25 AF Customer!!! = NO

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, every person that has ever owned a high tier card has never started out at the bottom?I've worked very hard to obtain my assets and net worth.. I wasn't born wealthy, not poor but not wealthy and it makes me feel good that i've been able to recieve the card.  My annual fee is not waived.. my initiation fee was.. So, i still pay my AF but not my initial start up fee.. When i talked about this card with my IA he told me the annual fee wasn't really a profitable margin for amex and that it was really paying for insurance... Not for me, for amex. Which i don't fully understand but i am still looking into!

Message 30 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.