Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Pulled the trigger early!

[ Edited ]

I pulled the trigger earlier than expected on the Chase Freedom card!! My plan was to wait until my UTIL was down before applying for the card but I was in a good mood. So glad I went ahead with it!! Was instantly approved!!

So of course you get THIS message when you apply online.

Called the backdoor number to find out my limit!! It's $3k and standard APR 22.9% after 15 month 0% intro APR. SOOO EXCITED! Happy dance! So far...my highest limit "regular" card!!

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 758 (EQ) 741 (EX) 768 (TU) 8/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Established Contributor
CruzImperial

Re: Pulled the trigger early!

Congrats!! That's very nice to hear. I'm very happy for you :smileyvery-happy:

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Thank you!!!! I'm surprised they approved me! I've applied to Chase a few times in the past and have always been denied for not enough reporting tradelines *frown*..Guess I have more than enough now! LMAO!

Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Regular Contributor
kwazziee

[ Edited ]

maiden_girl wrote:

I pulled the trigger earlier than expected on the Chase Freedom card!! My plan was to wait until my UTIL was down before applying for the card but I was in a good mood. So glad I went ahead with it!! Was instantly approved!!

Called the backdoor number to find out my limit!! It's $3k and standard APR 22.9% after 15 month 0% intro APR. SOOO EXCITED! Happy dance! So far...my highest limit "regular" card!!

What was your utl. at time of app? I am thinking of apping for this card but little scare.

EDIT: Opsy, forgot to congrat. Good job.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

kwazziee wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

What was your utl. at time of app? I am thinking of apping for this card but little scare.

EDIT: Opsy, forgot to congrat. Good job.

Thankiess!!

My overall UTIL is 24% :smileyvery-happy:

Established Contributor
CruzImperial

lol you surely do haha show 'em how it's done :}

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Regular Contributor
kwazziee

I am surprise at 24% and approved. So this mean each CCC has their own internal scoring system. From what other have psoted high utl means denied. Enjoy your card. Me so jealous:smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
sakhalin070

Congrats!  I was going to wait to get my UTIL down too before applying for the Discover More, but I pulled the trigger early too and also got approved.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards

FICO: TU 781 EX 776 Last App: November 2012
Regular Contributor
Tran92

Congrats what was your credit score when you got approved ?
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Regular Contributor
alboto

woohooo!!!! Congrats!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+