Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger early!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger early!

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I pulled the trigger earlier than expected on the Chase Freedom card!! My plan was to wait until my UTIL was down before applying for the card but I was in a good mood. So glad I went ahead with it!! Was instantly approved!!

So of course you get THIS message when you apply online.

Called the backdoor number to find out my limit!! It's $3k and standard APR 22.9% after 15 month 0% intro APR. SOOO EXCITED! Happy dance! So far...my highest limit "regular" card!!

Are you sure they gave you the promo APR?

I was just approved for $5k and they did not approve the promo apr.

=

Those were the terms I applied under. I don't think they can suddenly revoke those terms--for a good reason I suppose. You should call about your card and ask.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 31 of 42
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

A thought just occurred to me!!

I wonder if I can...or should call Chase and ask them what bureau they pulled and what my current score is...lol has anyone ever done this before?

Message 32 of 42
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

Good starting CL

Message 33 of 42
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

THANKS EVERYONE!!

***UPDATE

Received my FREEDOM card today! It's the VISA version. It's kind of dull but it has like a reflector coloring in the card. It's blue obviously.

I'm not quite certain if they use international scoring or not but when I opened up the packaging it had credit score 692 and under scoring it says "application score" with the scores going between 100 and 990..Apparently this is a EXP score. Anyway it's an awesome little card!

CASH ADVANCE $1.5k

CREDIT LINE $3k

Message 34 of 42
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Awesome! I love my Freedom :-) Of course, I already racked up a small balance on it lol it was only good for the $100 bonus 5% cashback on gas/restaurants, and 0% apr! Lolll
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 35 of 42
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Is there a minimum income that is required and do they verify it via pay stubs? I plan on trying to app for a freedom in a year, but I only make about 10-15k annually.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 36 of 42
bellrod44
Contributor

Does anyone know any sort of "guidlines" for the scores to approve you for a Freedom? I want to apply, but I don't think I'll be approved since I only have one credit card. I really want to get in with a good rewards program. I just upgraded to the BofA 1-2-3 Rewards, but would like another decent card.

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 37 of 42
qtcbcute
Contributor

I also pulled the trigger early (last night) and got instantly approved for $3000 too! I'm so excited because I have been eyeing this card for a while. What surprised me the most is because I am a Chase customer with savings and checking accounts, the card was instantly added to my online accounts.  This is great for me.  Congratulations to you as well maiden_girl!

@maiden_girl wrote:

I pulled the trigger earlier than expected on the Chase Freedom card!! My plan was to wait until my UTIL was down before applying for the card but I was in a good mood. So glad I went ahead with it!! Was instantly approved!!

So of course you get THIS message when you apply online.

Called the backdoor number to find out my limit!! It's $3k and standard APR 22.9% after 15 month 0% intro APR. SOOO EXCITED! Happy dance! So far...my highest limit "regular" card!!

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 42
supersam101
Contributor

Congrats how old is your oldest credit card.

Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 39 of 42
qtcbcute
Contributor

I have a secured card from a credit union from 2005.  I always said I was going to close it but never got around to it.  Maybe now I will...I think!

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.