Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger early!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Pulled the trigger early!

I pulled the trigger earlier than expected on the Chase Freedom card!! My plan was to wait until my UTIL was down before applying for the card but I was in a good mood. So glad I went ahead with it!! Was instantly approved!!

So of course you get THIS message when you apply online.

Called the backdoor number to find out my limit!! It's $3k and standard APR 22.9% after 15 month 0% intro APR. SOOO EXCITED! Happy dance! So far...my highest limit "regular" card!!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger early!

Congrats!! That's very nice to hear. I'm very happy for you Smiley Very Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 42
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Thank you!!!! I'm surprised they approved me! I've applied to Chase a few times in the past and have always been denied for not enough reporting tradelines *frown*..Guess I have more than enough now! LMAO!

Message 3 of 42
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I pulled the trigger earlier than expected on the Chase Freedom card!! My plan was to wait until my UTIL was down before applying for the card but I was in a good mood. So glad I went ahead with it!! Was instantly approved!!

Called the backdoor number to find out my limit!! It's $3k and standard APR 22.9% after 15 month 0% intro APR. SOOO EXCITED! Happy dance! So far...my highest limit "regular" card!!

What was your utl. at time of app? I am thinking of apping for this card but little scare.

EDIT: Opsy, forgot to congrat. Good job.

Message 4 of 42
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@kwazziee wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

What was your utl. at time of app? I am thinking of apping for this card but little scare.

EDIT: Opsy, forgot to congrat. Good job.

Thankiess!!

My overall UTIL is 24% Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 42
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

lol you surely do haha show 'em how it's done :}

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 6 of 42
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

I am surprise at 24% and approved. So this mean each CCC has their own internal scoring system. From what other have psoted high utl means denied. Enjoy your card. Me so jealousSmiley Tongue

Message 7 of 42
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I was going to wait to get my UTIL down too before applying for the Discover More, but I pulled the trigger early too and also got approved.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 8 of 42
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Congrats what was your credit score when you got approved ?
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 9 of 42
alboto
Regular Contributor

woohooo!!!! Congrats!!!

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.