Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger on AMEX

tag
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Pulled the trigger on AMEX

I was declined 2 months ago for the AMEX ZYNC, i promised myself i would not reapply until early next year but i just couldn't wait any longer.

So i applied and it told me they could not approve me for the original ZYNC but that i was approved for the following offers:

$200 Credit Limit or $500 credit limit with auto withdraw from my checking account.

I picked the second option and proceeded to put my bank account information, i pressed continue and it was taking long to load, finally it said the page was having technical problems Smiley Indifferent

Do you guys think i got approved? has anyone been told that they are approved for the ZYNC with the hard limit and then get declined?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
OnMyMiNd04
Valued Member

Re: Pulled the trigger on AMEX

@Denny33142 wrote:

I was declined 2 months ago for the AMEX ZYNC, i promised myself i would not reapply until early next year but i just couldn't wait any longer.

So i applied and it told me they could not approve me for the original ZYNC but that i was approved for the following offers:

$200 Credit Limit or $500 credit limit with auto withdraw from my checking account.

I picked the second option and proceeded to put my bank account information, i pressed continue and it was taking long to load, finally it said the page was having technical problems Smiley Indifferent

Do you guys think i got approved? has anyone been told that they are approved for the ZYNC with the hard limit and then get declined?

I would call and see what a CSR tells you.

And quick question... were you 'approved' based on the EX score you have in your sig?

Message 2 of 28
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

The EX Score on my sig is the one AMEX gave me when i was declined back in august, my EQ score at the same time was 562 and it has since risen to 600, so i am gussing my current EX score should be in the low 600's as well.

Message 3 of 28
OnMyMiNd04
Valued Member

@Denny33142 wrote:

The EX Score on my sig is the one AMEX gave me when i was declined back in august, my EQ score at the same time was 562 and it has since risen to 600, so i am gussing my current EX score should be in the low 600's as well.

Oh wow!

I would definitely call if I were you. From previous threads, it seems like a few members that were given the two options and got the technical difficulty screen. Best of luck!!!

Message 4 of 28
dude11
Regular Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

I was given the same offer as you when I applied and I selected the 500 w/Autopay option and was approved. I'm almost 100% positive if you were presented with the other two options instead of the regular Zync card, then you most likely will be approved even if the system was having technical difficulties.

If I were you I would definitely call Amex and check the status.

Message 5 of 28
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Now on the application status it says "Declined", but further down it says:

"However, during the online application process you elected to accept our offer of another ZYNCSM Card product.  The ZYNC Card that you selected has the following features:

A $500 spending limit on your ZYNC Card account that cannot be exceeded. Requires Payment through AutoPay, which authorizes American Express to withdraw your full monthly payment directly from your bank account.  This automatic feature helps you avoid late or missed payments.  You will receive a $10 credit on your first billing statement as an incentive for enrolling."

It says that i need to fax the "Enclosed Form" to them with the autopay information, i guess i have to wait until they send me that form my mail.

Message 6 of 28
OnMyMiNd04
Valued Member

It sounds like good news to me! Did you give them a call?

Message 7 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOW, is American Express going to tabble in the sub prime market?!  This offer really excites me, you have to think about it instead of going with CreditOne and crap we may have an option of getting in with Amex at beginning of rebuilding and you know amex tracks you like a hawk anyway, they will see your credit getting better and probably move you to higher hard limits and then eventually off the limit all together!

Message 8 of 28
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Jesus, I didn't know Amex accepted rebuilders of any kind ever. Is the auto-pay thing like a secured card? How can Amex be sure that enough money is in the account?

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 9 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Jesus, I didn't know Amex accepted rebuilders of any kind ever. Is the auto-pay thing like a secured card? How can Amex be sure that enough money is in the account?

The money being in the account (the one connected to auto pay for the Amex) is the responsibility of the card holder, not Amex. That's part of the "test" to see if someone is up to handling that type of card. The training wheels so to speak.  And no, it's not a rebuilder by any stretch, the hard limit is only temporary because the applicants file looks like they deserve a chance. I've read the hard limit is usually removed after around 6 months if not sooner (after the card is in possession of the applicant).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.