Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punished by Barclay's.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Punished by Barclay's.

I did a $15 payment (to test it first)  towards mortgage with no problem.  No cash advance, did it with my Arrival + and was coded as:

BUSINESS SERVICES NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED

I talked to chargesmart and they said they send payments to the companies as if there were sent from a checking account...ACH i think it's called.

I will do this only once on my second Venture coming in the mail this week at full mortgage amount to complete my $3k spending and transfer the 40k points to my other Venture to credit $400 to a purchase i did for plane tickets.

Hope this helps.

Message 41 of 46
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the post and all info, had questions about some of the same things adressed here.... many comments given..good info..

Message 42 of 46
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

I feel for you OP, You were just trying to do someone a favor and it didn't work out as you thought it would. I've done this same scenario before, except I helped a friend pay a past due bill that had gone into collections. It was a $540 bill. The whole board on MYFICO said "Hope Your okay with losing a friend!, WHAT A SILLY DECISION!" I did it anyway and because i don't believe the people that I choose to be my friends are innately a**holes, my friend paid me back in a less than 30 days and I gave him 2 months, he also paid the interest included. 

Hopefully the person you helped out proves you wrong and pays you back the whole thing, including that nasty fee. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 43 of 46
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I dropped Barclay's and never looked back. Discover charged me for a cash advance for using it to pay my opening account for DCU. Explained it and they removed it.

Message 44 of 46
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Um, the op's thread is from May?
Signature needs updating
Message 45 of 46
Ragelog
Established Contributor

LShawn...nothing wrong with helping a friend the consensus is more don't lend money you can't afford to give family or friend as a gift if you get paid back great but if you need the money and the friend/ family member is unable to keep to their end of the bargain it could end up costing you a friend or straining the relationship with family.
EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.