bryan8392

Purchase Protection

Just wondering what everyone's experience is with purchase protection on various cards. I have a Visa Signature, World Mastercard, Discover, and American Express, but I don't know which one offers the best purchase protection. Any ideas?

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Re: Purchase Protection

Amex in my case

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor
JaeJae12

I would say amex

BCE- 30000 -BOA 123 7400 -Freedom- 28789- Citi Forward- 19900 -Citi DC- 23800-CSP 22.5k
Garden mode 3/25/14

Established Member
PersonalBanker89

American Express offers benefits for eligible purchases that will cover the cost of accidental damage or theft within 90 days of purchase. My buddy bought a laptop from BestBuy and the screen cracked in the first 30 days, and Amex completely covered the cost painlessly. American Express is known for their level of service and purchase protection.

Starting Score: Eq 745 TU 740 (05/11/2013)
Current Score: Eq 745 TU 740
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

bryan8392 wrote:

Just wondering what everyone's experience is with purchase protection on various cards. I have a Visa Signature, World Mastercard, Discover, and American Express, but I don't know which one offers the best purchase protection. Any ideas?

Fortunately, I've never had to use this benefit. I'd like to hear people's experiences as well.

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zpsf395b751.jpg
Super Contributor
enharu

bryan8392 wrote:

It honestly depends on the lender itself, rather than the payment network you are using. 

Discover and American Express have pretty good reviews regarding this.

As for Visa and MC, it really depends on which lender you are dealing with. Each of those lenders sub-contract this to other warranty / insurance companies. 

When you're filing a dispute or protection or warranty claim for anything you're dealing with those insurance companies, not Visa or MC. 

Discover, American Express and Citi are the only ones I know where the insurance company in charge of these claims happen to be a subsidary of the banking institution as well. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}