Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Amex gift cards

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Purchasing Amex gift cards

Has anyone here purchased Amex gift cards? We are thinking about a small bonus ($100)  for our 40 or so employees and thought about using my Amex for that purchase. I was checking balances and saw the link. Would this be a red flag for Amex? I noticed they cap it at 50 cards. Do you get points on that purchase?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchasing Amex gift cards

I have used it before, however, 40 is quite a lot. I do not think it would be a prob to be honest - I would recommend calling them and informing them. Also, I got something in my email about no fee for the card or something so may wanna check that out. I dont think there would be any points because its treated as cash.

Message 2 of 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Purchasing Amex gift cards

@llecs wrote:

Has anyone here purchased Amex gift cards? We are thinking about a small bonus ($100)  for our 40 or so employees and thought about using my Amex for that purchase. I was checking balances and saw the link. Would this be a red flag for Amex? I noticed they cap it at 50 cards. Do you get points on that purchase?

I have just recently purchased 62 gift cards from AMEX. I did call in before I made the purchase to ask if it would be a problem and the CSR was more than happy to assist me. Total was $3100 and I do not believe that points accrue for gift cards. I haven't had any issues and it has been 24 days since purchase. I even spent an additional $4800 since then with no problems. It was all PIF as soon as showed in recent activity, do not know if that matters or not. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.