Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Pushed My Luck with GEMB

HA HA!  After reading on Who Gave Me Credit, I thought I would apply for a Lenscrafters card, to offset the cost of my @#$^ expensive glasses...I got the message of death:  We are unable to provide you with a decision at this time.  I was so sure I would get it!  But maybe not.  :smileysad:

Yesterday I applied for an Ultra Diamonds card (got it!) & earlier today I decided to apply for the Care Credit card so that maybe I can FINALLY get some stupid braces (got it!).  But I guess the third time's the charm for GEMB!  I will call for a recon tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Re: Pushed My Luck with GEMB

May FICO G-ds rain approval on your request.

laz98 wrote:

HA HA!  After reading on Who Gave Me Credit, I thought I would apply for a Lenscrafters card, to offset the cost of my @#$^ expensive glasses...I got the message of death:  We are unable to provide you with a decision at this time.  I was so sure I would get it!  But maybe not.  :smileysad:

Yesterday I applied for an Ultra Diamonds card (got it!) & earlier today I decided to apply for the Care Credit card so that maybe I can FINALLY get some stupid braces (got it!).  But I guess the third time's the charm for GEMB!  I will call for a recon tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

IN VINO VERITAS.
Regular Contributor
siangirl34

I will never apply for a GEMB product again. They pull my credit then deny me based on inability to verify my identity. It's just bogus.
Established Contributor
Pappy214

They denied me for a Chevron gas card, the reason.... not enough credit.  WTF?  I thought that would be a good thing.  

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
Established Contributor
jaybird201

laz98 wrote:

If they had approved you, you'd probably have gotten a $50 CL and you'd have to buy your frames first...and then your lenses...one at a time.

GEMB is all sorts of messed up and crazy.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

jaybird201 wrote:

If they had approved you, you'd probably have gotten a $50 CL and you'd have to buy your frames first...and then your lenses...one at a time.

why do you say that, about the CL?  because of my scores?

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Valued Contributor
wmarat

GEMB is known by very low starting CL and stingy CLI.

laz98 wrote:

jaybird201 wrote:

why do you say that, about the CL?  because of my scores?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Regular Contributor
Miner

Years ago, I opened a GEMB/JCPenny account to get a 10% discount off a $258 leather jacket.  When I got the 1st statement and the card, they only gave me a $200 limit though I had spent  $258 on it when I opened it.  That still doesn't make sense to me.  My 2 CCs all had ~$10k CL at the time.  So that $200 store card has sat gathering dust for years and yet is still active as they updated my reports as current as recently as last month.  Never got a CLI,  but  I never used it again either.

So yeah, while I doubt a $50 limit, I suspect they wouldn't have given you much higher.

Oct 2008 FICO: EQ:706 ,EX:708, TU:720
Sept 2007 FICO: EQ:673, EX:683, TU:676
July 2006 FICO: EQ:627, EX:609, TU:645
Regular Contributor
soccermomof4

Call JCPenney and ask for a CLI. They will give one every four months like clockwork, if you ask.  I got a $200 CL and called from the store while making my first purchase - they raised my CL to $1000, no questions asked. Bet they would give you an ever bigger CL, with your scores.
TU=564 EQ=??? EX=??? 4/4/06
TU=643 EQ=625 EX=618 1/24/08
TU=678 EQ=651 EX=665 10/24/08
TU=694 EQ=669 EX=??? 9/24/09
TU=706 EQ=691 EX=??? 10/8/09
CH7 BK 2001
Valued Contributor
wmarat

It is not accurate. I have not been able to get CLI on JCP card for last 11 months, though got CLI's on 2 other GEMB accounts.

soccermomof4 wrote:
Call JCPenney and ask for a CLI. They will give one every four months like clockwork, if you ask.  I got a $200 CL and called from the store while making my first purchase - they raised my CL to $1000, no questions asked. Bet they would give you an ever bigger CL, with your scores.

IN VINO VERITAS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}