Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing Money Through Secured Cards

tag
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pushing Money Through Secured Cards

hi have you asked BOA to add 1,2,3 cash rewards to your secured card if not do so soon. and also you can get  prescription glasses much much cheaper ONLINE the markup on glasees is 200-500% in the DRs office.

Message 11 of 19
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@credit-hunter wrote:

hi have you asked BOA to add 1,2,3 cash rewards to your secured card if not do so soon. and also you can get  prescription glasses much much cheaper ONLINE the markup on glasees is 200-500% in the DRs office.

Yes I have. But what websites offer them for a cheap price. But honestly the ones I have looked at have been a similar price to my local office, within $20 or so and by the time I pay shipping I could just get them same day in office.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 12 of 19
dta
New Contributor

I know this is like the budgeting advice that no one wants to hear, but can it wait a month? If you can pay it off in 3-4 months after by scrimping, you can scrimp now and get a month head start. That way you'd have one month less interest and worry.
Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 13 of 19
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@dta wrote:
I know this is like the budgeting advice that no one wants to hear, but can it wait a month? If you can pay it off in 3-4 months after by scrimping, you can scrimp now and get a month head start. That way you'd have one month less interest and worry.

My point is, wouldn't this build history to a thin file? I don't mind paying a little extra if it will help me get better cards in the future, plus get a nice pair of glasses out of it you know?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 14 of 19
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@dta wrote:

My point is, wouldn't this build history to a thin file? I don't mind paying a little extra if it will help me get better cards in the future, plus get a nice pair of glasses out of it you know?

I thought about it and I believe that I'll just wait and save, might have a better job lined up here within the next week anyways.

Message 15 of 19
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Good luck on the new job! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Thank you so much! Hopefully things will look up soon enough!

Message 17 of 19
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Update! I got the interview for Friday! 

Message 18 of 19
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Update! I got the interview for Friday! 

Congrats! You got this! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.