cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing a payment to a Wells Fargo visa I owe zero balance on?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pushing a payment to a Wells Fargo visa I owe zero balance on?

Anyone know how much of a payment I can push to a Wells Fargo Visa that has a zero balance? I have a car loan through them and I want to clear it, but have an out of state bank account. I can push a payment to that card very quickly and take care of that balance in a branch, rather than go open a new checking account and have them put a hold on the check for 10 days, because I would be writing them an out of state check, since we just moved. I could also BT from a zero percent offer to that card as well. It's a high interest loan and I want to be rid of it and have the title.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pushing a payment to a Wells Fargo visa I owe zero balance on?

Are you not provided the ability by WF to make your payment online for the car loan?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you not provided the ability by WF to make your payment online for the car loan?

Yes, but Wells Fargo Dealer Services does not allow a payoff by this method. They have a maximum payment amount and all they do with the excess is pay your loan ahead a couple months. There is no provision for principle payments either.

Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm not sure about the limit on making a 'over' payment to a WF Visa card, but I'm a bit confused about why it's necessary. 

On February 27, 2010 the Fed did away with the idea of 'local' versus 'non-local' checks via Reg. CC... even if your bank account is from out of state you can just simply write a check for your payment/payoff - Wells doesn't care.  Even simpler would be to use your 'old' checking account's bill pay to 'push' whatever amount you want to pay.

You're right about there being an issue with a deposit hold on a new checking account, which is why you should just use your old one. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No hold on new account deposit if deposit is cash or cashier check. I don't think u can transfer money to ur credit card to pay off ur car loan. Will they even take CC for car loan?? If they do it ur credit card will be viewed as a cash advance.. What's the limit on ur credit card what's the balance on ur car loan?? Normally u should be able to pay for ur car loan with ur bank account.. Call Wells Fargo that's holding ur auto loan ask them what's pay off and u should be able to use ur bank routing number and account number to transfer fund and pay it off
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused about your proposed process. Are you trying to payoff your car loan in full wth funds you already have? If so, call them and get a payoff quote - as long as the payment you submit is at leaast that amount, the car is paid off. WF won't allow a loan payment from another WF credit account. The pay ahead deal only kicks in when you submit a payment  more than the current amount due but less than the whole loan amount. They should also give you a different address to submit a payoff, seperate from the regular payment address so they know it's not just another monthly payment. 

Message 6 of 7
Creditfan1234
Contributor

If you are paying off an Auto loan, get the pay off amount and send a check through your current banks Bill pay service and you will get the title in the mail a few weeks later. I believe you can't pay off in a branch anyways.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.