Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: App Timing for Best Results

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Q: App Timing for Best Results

Just found out today I was approved for the OCCU Visa Card with a CL of $1500. And a little over a week ago I was approved for a USAA Visa with a  5 digit CL  NOT unhappy about the OCCU CL, but curious about something.  My question is: Should I have allowed USAA  to report first before app-ing for the OCCU card to possibly have gotten a higher CL from OCCU--OR would OCCU have been spooked by the USAA CL if I had waited for it to report THEN apply--OR would it have made NO difference? I app-ed believing if I would have waited for USAA to report-it would have meant a denial by OCCU for obtaining too much available credit in a relatively short period of time. Just trying to educate myself about credit for the future.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Q: App Timing for Best Results

A lot depends on income AAA any baddies, utilization but I do have to say this. Congratulations! 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That answer depends on your credit profile. If you 'needed' the higher CL for the OCCU approval, they might have wanted to see your pyt history -usually 6 mos. if your available credit to income is already high, then another high CL probably would not have been approved either.

Current existing CL's, history with those CL's, outstanding debt, income and each lenders internal scoring model would have determined your vs.
Message 3 of 17
seat3a
Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

A lot depends on income AAA any baddies, utilization but I do have to say this. Congratulations! 

No baddies, AAoA around 4 years, utilization around 9%. Never, ever late.

Thanks!

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 4 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I would think with the huge starting limits they have given.  If they are treated right CLI should be very easy to get.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Thanks peeps. My total revolving credit without USAA was $7500 (which is what was seen at the time of app) with current 6% UTIL and income of $51K with relatively low overall debt.. AAOA approx 5 yrs. 4 PAID derogs 2 to 6 yrs. old. Relatively thick CR file.  I was actually all set for a denial and was suprised when I was accepted.

BUSINESS
Message 6 of 17
seat3a
Contributor

@seat3a wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

No baddies, AAoA around 4 years, utilization around 9%. Never, ever late.

Thanks!

Sorry. but I posted the above reply on the wrong page.

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 7 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@coldmnn: Easy CLI's with responsible usage...That's what I'm hopin' and why I'm not mopin'-LOL. Unfortunately no one on the forum has had the cards (Duck or Beaver) long enough to find out.

BUSINESS
Message 8 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Based on the other thread Duck Profiles, seems a clean file is a major player in CL's /approvals. I suspect the 4 paid derogs was your Achilles heel.
Message 9 of 17
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

+1 More than likely it was that (paid derogs)  No. 1--and maybe the age of the other recent TL's No. 2. But better showing paid than unpaid (derogs). JMO

BUSINESS
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.