Established Member
Cinderella5596

Q about util

im still really new to this whole thing!!  :smileyhappy:  my overall util for 6CC accounts is 16%  im not sure if that is good or not?!

it will be lower next month because i just got a Tribute and First Premie and the util is pretty high due to their "fees" (hated to do it...but i need the pos tradelines to help prove i can handle my credit NOW and the mistakes i made in my past dont reflect me now!!)  i have already paid on both of those this month and cannot make another payment on them until june.

my BOA 99/500 is at a 14%.  i used it for $143 and made a payment already (eventhough i dont have one due until june...) of $75 so my bal is $68.  i hope they like the fact that i made a payment already and one isnt due yet!!!!!!  (but im kinda mad bc their annual fee for the card is every may and i wouldnt have had to pay it if i got the card next month...oh well, small price to pay!!!)

so..back to orig q.. am i on the right path with util??
Frequent Contributor
tonsers

Re: Q about util

Yes, you're on the right path! :smileyhappy: 16% and you are paying it down. In general, UTI for all CCs should be less than 10% - and for best FICO results, more than half of your CCs should report a $0 balance.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+