Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS, CashForward, FU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS, CashForward, FU

I'm trying to never have more than six cards. If I ever go over I dump one so I try to only apply if it will improve what I have.

If I already have a QS, there isn't any feature or benefit that I'm really missing by applying for the Freedom Unlimited or Cash Forward. Is that correct?

On another question most of my cards are between 3-7k. I have a Navy Card at 23k (never requested a CLI its just what I was approved for). I was wondering if I should close that card because it's so high because I read on here about some creditors won't approve people with too much credit. It's my least used card.

Thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS, CashForward, FU

if UR pts have no value to you, then yes you are correct! no need for FU or cashforward.

closing a 23k limit to avoid non-approval in the future???? i'll leave that for people who'd actually experienced it to answer here. to me, that's just crazy talk!

Message 2 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I'm with incubus on that one... I believe that you are over thinking this one.  If you are going to keep yourself to six cards by choice, (awesome decision, btw) I don't think that you're going to run into an "over extension" type denial.

In other words, you're fine... quit worrying, and I would keep that 23k card if it were me.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the other 2 posters. Usually folks that receive that as a denial reason have an upwards of $150K+ in credit.

If the Navy card is no longer useful to you, then close and replace it with another. If it has a low interest rate it may be a keeper just in case you ever need to carry a balance. You may want to look into requesting SP CLIs on your current cards. Best of luck!

Message 4 of 5
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if UR pts have no value to you, then yes you are correct! no need for FU or cashforward.

closing a 23k limit to avoid non-approval in the future???? i'll leave that for people who'd actually experienced it to answer here. to me, that's just crazy talk!

I agree with this as well.  For cash back only, I don't see how the CFU or CashForward brings anything new to the table, unless you'd prefer dealing with Chase or Barclays over Capital One.  And I've heard a lot of great things about Navy Federal, so I would leave that card as is, if I were the OP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.