Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS WEMC

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: QS WEMC

Interesting fnd... Extra shiny.  Shiny card and shiny .WEMC logo.  With that said no to triple pull already have the Visa Signature although good find for those that want a WEMC for whatever reason.

Message 11 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, this is actually a very interesting find. For me, it's not worth three hard pulls for a new application, but this could be very beneficial for someone who was thinking about applying for the QS anyway. It also seems to prove that the QS WEMC is actually a thing, despite most of Capital One's CSRs claiming that the highest tier on the card is WMC. 

Message 12 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is and always will be a sub-prime lender in my opinion.

Just because this card has a polished MasterCard logo on it, doesn't mean it's up to the level of the prestigous cards, or even the level of the prime cards.

For all we know, this card could be like the Citi cards where many have the WEMC logo on them, but only 1/2 of the benefits offered on a typical WEMC. For example, I doubt Capital One will have NPSL on any of their cards. I also doubt they'll give away many other benefits offered on a typical WEMC, especially since there's no annual fee.

The introductory rate on their cards are weak too (including this one)... This one has 9 months of APR and balance transfer at 0%, where most other top tier cards have up to twice as long of an introductory period, plus the $100 signup bonus is weak, along with the straight 1.5% cash back.

I don't see any way to earn more than 1.5% cash back by redeeming through travel partners or anything like that.

I guess it's a great card for those who are still building their credit who can't qualify for a real WEMC, don't want real benefits, don't want a long introductory 0% purchase period, and don't want huge sign up bonuses.

I don't want to sound negative, but this card really isn't a big deal. Just get the regular QS if you want it, and don't jump through hoops.

Message 13 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

For those who like to have a WEMC, I know a lot of people have hassled with Capital One to try and get upgraded. I randomly found a link which takes you to a Quicksilver application that supposedly is directly for the WEMC (and mentions including the benefits):

https://application2.capitalone.com/icoreapp/jsp/application.faces?s=0013353001000XXCO31XX1ZZZZZZZZX...

So if you want a WEMC Quicksilver for whatever reason (usual disclaimer that most people don't use the benefits)...it may be easier than dealing with the EO and all that.

Randomly....someone's been readin CB LOL

Message 14 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Lurker but couldn't resist creating an account to share!

I found links to apply for the WEMC versions of the Venture and VentureOne card:

https://application1.capitalone.com/icoreapp/jsp/application.faces?s=0013353002000XXCO31XX1ZZZZZZZZX...

https://application1.capitalone.com/icoreapp/jsp/application.faces?s=0013353003000XXCO31XX1ZZZZZZZZX...

I found these links from a site that makes money referring credit cards (the referral IDs have been removed from my links), so I figure they should still work albeit I haven't tested them.

Message 15 of 106
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Lurker but couldn't resist creating an account to share!

I found links to apply for the WEMC versions of the Venture and VentureOne card:

https://application1.capitalone.com/icoreapp/jsp/application.faces?s=0013353002000XXCO31XX1ZZZZZZZZXXZUNS11ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

https://application1.capitalone.com/icoreapp/jsp/application.faces?s=0013353003000XXCO31XX1ZZZZZZZZXXZUNS11ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I found these links from a site that makes money referring credit cards (the referral IDs have been removed from my links), so I figure they should still work albeit I haven't tested them.

WEMC Venture might be worth applying for to me with a future PC to QS. 

Message 16 of 106
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just because this card has a polished MasterCard logo on it, doesn't mean it's up to the level of the prestigous cards, or even the level of the prime cards.

For all we know, this card could be like the Citi cards where many have the WEMC logo on them, but only 1/2 of the benefits offered on a typical WEMC. For example, I doubt Capital One will have NPSL on any of their cards. I also doubt they'll give away many other benefits offered on a typical WEMC, especially since there's no annual fee.

The introductory rate on their cards are weak too (including this one)... This one has 9 months of APR and balance transfer at 0%, where most other top tier cards have up to twice as long of an introductory period, plus the $100 signup bonus is weak, along with the straight 1.5% cash back.

I don't see any way to earn more than 1.5% cash back by redeeming through travel partners or anything like that.

I guess it's a great card for those who are still building their credit who can't qualify for a real WEMC, don't want real benefits, don't want a long introductory 0% purchase period, and don't want huge sign up bonuses.

I don't want to sound negative, but this card really isn't a big deal. Just get the regular QS if you want it, and don't jump through hoops.

Not a big fan of Cap-1, that said my GM BuyPower card is a WEMC and is listed on my credit reports as NPSL (Flexible Spending). With a $12,500 CL I've never tested the limit, but as far as the CRA listing, it's listed just like all of my Visa "Signature" cards. I should note too that I've never used any of the so called "elite" or "signature" benefits.

Message 17 of 106
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

See bolded..  The regular Visa and/or WMC or WEMC or whatever without annual fee with a 1.5% no hassle reward structure and no minimum is hard to beat.  Don't forget Cap1 Doesn't have any FTF either where-as Citi DC along with say Fidelity and other 2% cards do have a FTF.  One shoe size doesn't fit all.   I would personally choose to use another card out of country, but for many the QS is a great cash back card.   Also many people have 50k CL's without combining limits which I would hardly say is "sub-prime"

I am no lover of Cap1 either other than not having really to worry about AA of any sort with them although obviously it could happen.  I do have one card with them for many reasons though.

Message 18 of 106
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What hoops? This application is the same thing as applying for the regular QS. No extra work.

I don't love Capital One and I think people spend a lot of time trying to get them to be something they are not -- they try to get the APR down to 12%, they try to get their $300 starter card up to 20k, etc -- but they aren't a bad lender. They just have their pros, cons, and limitations like any other lender. Like I said, WEMC isn't something I personally think is that important, and I wouldn't use 3 pulls on this, but if you otherwise want a QS, there's nothing wrong with applying for the WEMC instead of the Visa.

Message 19 of 106
elim
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

See bolded..  The regular Visa and/or WMC or WEMC or whatever without annual fee with a 1.5% no hassle reward structure and no minimum is hard to beat.  Don't forget Cap1 Doesn't have any FTF either where-as Citi DC along with say Fidelity and other 2% cards do have a FTF.  One shoe size doesn't fit all.   I would personally choose to use another card out of country, but for many the QS is a great cash back card.   Also many people have 50k CL's without combining limits which I would hardly say is "sub-prime"

I am no lover of Cap1 either other than not having really to worry about AA of any sort with them although obviously it could happen.  I do have one card with them for many reasons though.

lately, APR isn't sub-prime either...

venture 2.jpg

Message 20 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.