Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS WEMC

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: QS WEMC

Don't know yet. They said the terms are still being finalized and that I would find out the APR when the card arrives.
Message 51 of 106
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Yep the rep confirmed it was the WEMC product.
Message 52 of 106
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I seem to recall a member posting a few weeks ago looking for a MasterCard with no AF, no FTF, and WEMC benefits if possible.   Hopefully he sees this thread.   IIRC, I think he wanted to use MC for their published forex rates.

It's a bit off-topic, but there's been a lot of discussion in this thread as to whether Capital One is a subprime lender or not.  IMHO, I believe Cap One is a lender with products ranging from subprime to prime.   Their "subprime" is certainly better than others (FP, Credit One, etc), although their "prime" isn't always as good as others.   But then again, I think we could pick holes into any of the so-called "prime" lenders and their products.   I think it's more important to consider if/how a product meets your needs.   if so, great.   If not, there are plenty of CCs in the sea.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 53 of 106
sjt
Senior Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

For those who like to have a WEMC, I know a lot of people have hassled with Capital One to try and get upgraded. I randomly found a link which takes you to a Quicksilver application that supposedly is directly for the WEMC (and mentions including the benefits):

https://application2.capitalone.com/icoreapp/jsp/application.faces?s=0013353001000XXCO31XX1ZZZZZZZZX...

So if you want a WEMC Quicksilver for whatever reason (usual disclaimer that most people don't use the benefits)...it may be easier than dealing with the EO and all that.

I spoke to someone at Capital One. They said you get a WEMC when you apply through their affiliates and a Visa Siggy when you apply on their website or call them direct.

Of course they told me that they cannot not product change to a WEMC even if you have a MC or WMC quicksilver.

This is interesting. I am curious to know when the affiliate WEMC application links were started.

Probably in the last week.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 54 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I seem to recall a member posting a few weeks ago looking for a MasterCard with no AF, no FTF, and WEMC benefits if possible.   Hopefully he sees this thread.   IIRC, I think he wanted to use MC for their published forex rates.

It's a bit off-topic, but there's been a lot of discussion in this thread as to whether Capital One is a subprime lender or not.  IMHO, I believe Cap One is a lender with products ranging from subprime to prime.   Their "subprime" is certainly better than others (FP, Credit One, etc), although their "prime" isn't always as good as others.   But then again, I think we could pick holes into any of the so-called "prime" lenders and their products.   I think it's more important to consider if/how a product meets your needs.   if so, great.   If not, there are plenty of CCs in the sea.  

Agreed! Whenever I apply for a card, the only question myself is "will I be using this card 20 years from now?" If I am absolutely sure if I will never close the card I apply for the I will definitely try to get it Smiley Happy I don't mind if it is considered subprime like many are saying capital one is. The real question that needs to be asked is "does this card fit my needs"

Message 55 of 106
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Agreed! Whenever I apply for a card, the only question myself is "will I be using this card 20 years from now?" If I am absolutely sure if I will never close the card I apply for the I will definitely try to get it Smiley Happy I don't mind if it is considered subprime like many are saying capital one is. The real question that needs to be asked is "does this card fit my needs"

Agree you should evaluate purpose before applying because it's very easy to end up with redundant cards that never get used.

That said 20 years is a very long time in the credit world. There's almost no card on the market today that existed 20 years ago. A better frame of reference is a year or two because benefits change constantly. Since the hard pull is there for 2 years, if you can justify the card for at least that long, you're probably in good shape.

Message 56 of 106
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to apply for this just now by following an "Apply Now" link on Credit Karma.  The page it led me to on Capital One's site had a picture of a WE MC instead of the usual Visa Signature picture, and among the card's features was listed "Includes World Elite MasterCard Benefits."  I applied for it, and I was instantly approved with a $10,000 limit and 18.24% APR.  I'm a bit surprised I didn't get the lowest APR advertised (13.24%), but I never carry a balance, so it's not a big deal.

Message 57 of 106
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done @Marmight! Ill just say i wish Capitol One was available to apply for where im from because subprime or not, it seems like one of the best places to build credit history and ive seen many people here who enjoy having one. Whether you use it for rebuild or maintaining credit, i would love to have a ccc that is most forgiving than most or isnt so quick to AA or something. Enjoyable threadSmiley Happy
Message 58 of 106
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was able to apply for this just now by following an "Apply Now" link on Credit Karma.  The page it led me to on Capital One's site had a picture of a WE MC instead of the usual Visa Signature picture, and among the card's features was listed "Includes World Elite MasterCard Benefits."  I applied for it, and I was instantly approved with a $10,000 limit and 18.24% APR.  I'm a bit surprised I didn't get the lowest APR advertised (13.24%), but I never carry a balance, so it's not a big deal.

Congrats!  Smiley Happy  J/c, do you mind if I inquire what your scores were when you applied please, if you hopefully wouldn't mind sharing more info?

Message 59 of 106
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Interesting, I can still remember a time in the distant past where Cap1 even offered super-prime products, not so much anymore these days I guess, alas...  Agreed 100% though that Cap1 offers range from sub-prime to prime.  Personally, I don't consider Cap1 to be sub-prime overall IMO.

Message 60 of 106
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.