Did you mean: 

QS or QS1???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS or QS1???

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received my QS card a couple of days ago. When I look online at my account it says visa platinum. I'm getting cash rewards but I called them to ask about the $100 for spending $500 in the first three months. They said I didn't have this benefit. I asked why and they didn't have a real answer as this is not a QS1 card. So I didn't qualify for the benefits so why give me the card? They said they were going to escalate to find out why.

On a good note, I found out my cash rewards amex through my credit union (Elan Fin.) is a signature card! The rep told me and I had no idea! Anyone have any thoughts about the Cap1 QS?

I also product changed my Cap one Journey to a QS. 

I called the "rewards department" and asked about receiving the $100 dollar bonus. They said they would look into it.

A couple days later, it was in my account. 

Does the Capital One "rewards department" have a direct phone number?  I PC'ed from QS1 to Qs and did not receive the bonus.

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is correct. They are on the east.

Rewards center: 1-800-228-3001

Just saw that.  Thanks

Message 12 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You may have encountered a Cap One CSR who had no idea what they were talking about. It doesn't matter that it's a Platinum, that just means that the credit line is less than $5K. Mine is a Platinum, started at $3K, and I got the spend bonus. Oh, and there's no such thing as an Amex Signature card. That designation is specific to Visa.

Doesn't even mean that about CL.   My Cap One card started at $30K, is now $35K and is still Plat (whereas my other card with a lower limit is a Sig)

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the Rewards number this morning and the rep said she did not show the bonus on my account and does not know why. She also said that I may not have been approved for it. This case has been sent to the "back" dept (mgrs I guess) to be reviewed and will receive a call back in 4-5 days.

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received my QS card a couple of days ago. When I look online at my account it says visa platinum. I'm getting cash rewards but I called them to ask about the $100 for spending $500 in the first three months. They said I didn't have this benefit. I asked why and they didn't have a real answer as this is not a QS1 card. So I didn't qualify for the benefits so why give me the card? They said they were going to escalate to find out why.

On a good note, I found out my cash rewards amex through my credit union (Elan Fin.) is a signature card! The rep told me and I had no idea! Anyone have any thoughts about the Cap1 QS?

I also product changed my Cap one Journey to a QS. 

I called the "rewards department" and asked about receiving the $100 dollar bonus. They said they would look into it.

A couple days later, it was in my account. 

Does the Capital One "rewards department" have a direct phone number?  I PC'ed from QS1 to Qs and did not receive the bonus.

A PC is not eligible. The spend bonus is only available for new apps.

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting situation... I hope you get the issue gets resolved. Please let us know the outcome. Thanks for sharing your story.

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Slipper!

I am facing the same issue as yourself and am curious to here what Cap1 states when you call them please keep us up to date!

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Slipper!

I am facing the same issue as yourself and am curious to here what Cap1 states when you call them please keep us up to date!

I'm on the phone this moment!  Cross your fingers!!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prayers sent up!

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Slipper!

Just got off the phone with the kind representative.  She did immediately state that this bonus was only for new applicants but said she would submit the case and i should receive a response in no longer than 4-5 business days.  I simply stated my case in a very polite manner:

1) I didn't know there were two different cards and both cards are named very similarly; Quicksilver and QuicksilverOne, and had i known i would've applied for the Quicksilver. and

2) I put $30k+ in spend thru the card in the first 5 months, when i PC'ed to QS and was initially denied by the CSR the $100 bonus (but it was never escalated), i immediately stopped using the card.  To regain my loyalty, i would need the bonus.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.