cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

I know I am late to the party, but there is no AF for the first year. This is actually a regulations that all banks follow and that is why you always see "12 month without AF then $....". So I am not sure what your coworker is supposed to get refunded. 

As for the WMC/WEMC: I spoke with the EO about it when they called me, I was at one point part of a WEMC program that they have since terminated. They can do a WMC when the limit of $5K is reached (they usually will not do it lower, although every CCC can pick and choose at what limit to give it).

Best of luck to your coworker!

Message 31 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I am late to the party, but there is no AF for the first year. This is actually a regulations that all banks follow and that is why you always see "12 month without AF then $....". So I am not sure what your coworker is supposed to get refunded. 

As for the WMC/WEMC: I spoke with the EO about it when they called me, I was at one point part of a WEMC program that they have since terminated. They can do a WMC when the limit of $5K is reached (they usually will not do it lower, although every CCC can pick and choose at what limit to give it).

My coworker was assessed the annual fee in her first statement. She did get a 0% interest rate for a year.

Ive been reading and getting "mixed messages" regarding WEMC/WMC and the minimum CL required. some say its $5K and other say there is no requirement. I did not hear that they discontinued the WEMC. That is suprising since these premium cards generate more revenue to the issuing banks.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My coworker was assessed the annual fee in her first statement. She did get a 0% interest rate for a year.

Ive been reading and getting "mixed messages" regarding WEMC/WMC and the minimum CL required. some say its $5K and other say there is no requirement. I did not hear that they discontinued the WEMC. That is suprising since these premium cards generate more revenue to the issuing banks.

Did your coworker get an upgrade to QS1 by any chance? Just curious, because that's really the only reason that I see them taking an annual fee off the bat. I could be wrong because YMMV and as we can see some even had a QS1 Visa - which is something I have never seen (learn something new everyday). 

The WEMC is something I found about last week when EO called me. It really doesn't matter to me because WMC offers very similar purchase protection etc. and there are no everyday benefits that I would use - like Visa Siggy offers with fandango, signature hotels. 

If  your coworker does get a WEMC please let us know. Good luck !

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not true that there are never annual fees for the first year. My QS1 immediately had an AF. EO waived it ans refunded my money, but it did come with a $39 AF right off the bat.
Message 34 of 37
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think the QS comes in a world mastercard

Actually, it can, but they are rare! I have one!

In answer to the OP's other question, it will likely not be a World MasterCard. Capital One's frontline CSRs typically do not perform upgrades to the WMC version (although, once in awhile they will, usually if the limit is over $5000). Often to get the World MasterCard upgrade on your QS MasterCard, you will have to contact the EO like I did.

Actually my co-worker called this a number and spoke with an Account Manager who then transfered her to another department. The person she spoke with put in the request and it was approved for a reular QS. She did not think to ask for a WMC or a cli.

I did read in another post that folks were upgraded to a WEMC from a Platinum MC with cl as low as $2K, so shes hoping for a WMC or a WEMC.

I think you misread my post. I never claimed that frontline customer service doesn't do upgrades from QS1's to QS's (in fact, MY upgrade to a QS MC originally was from a frontline CSR!)

I stated specifically that frontline CSRs are not normally the ones who process the upgrades from QS MCs to QS World MCs (although once in awhile they do). However, myFICOers have had A LOT more success with the EO for this particular upgrade, as the frontline CSRs are usually powerless here.

I understood what you were saying, I was just pointing out that my co-worker spoke with an Account Manager wh then transfered her to another department.

That's how I got my first cli from 300 to 1k.  The transfer is to the EO department.  They submit for manual reviews.  Since my score and profile grew so much since sept 2014, I have an EO extension number.

Signature needs updating
Message 35 of 37
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My QS1 visa was Orchard...i wonder if i can make it a QS master card to get rid of the AF.  My AF gets waived every year because the rep said it can't be removed from the system (this was last year).  He said the notes will be there for all CSRs to see and that i just have to call every year when the AF posts so they can waive it...what a hassle!

It doesnt matter if its a Visa or MasterCard. You have a "QS1" which has an annual fee and you want to request a product change to a "QS" with no annual fee.

Is it weird that I have a QS1 with no AF?

Nope I have two of them Smiley Happy

You two might want to talk to CSR if yours was from Orchard...my wife paid AF for 2 years (didnt tell me) and when i told her to call CSR and have it waived, they did.  Now she also was told to call every year once AF is posted and get it waived no questions asked.

Mine is perma waived.

Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did your coworker get an upgrade to QS1 by any chance? Just curious, because that's really the only reason that I see them taking an annual fee off the bat. I could be wrong because YMMV and as we can see some even had a QS1 Visa - which is something I have never seen (learn something new everyday). 

The WEMC is something I found about last week when EO called me. It really doesn't matter to me because WMC offers very similar purchase protection etc. and there are no everyday benefits that I would use - like Visa Siggy offers with fandango, signature hotels. 

If  your coworker does get a WEMC please let us know. Good luck !

Co woker had a QS1 Mastercard and the annual fee was charged in the first statement. Since she got a $3K credit line she called and requested a product change to the QS and was approved. She is going to wait another month and request a CLI and then a product change to WMC/WEMC.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.