cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

My co-worker called in and requested a product change from QS1 to QS MasterCard with no annual fee after having the card for little over a month. My question is will the refund a portion of the annual fee and do you think they will make this card a World MasterCard? Her credit line is currently $3K.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

I dont think the QS comes in a world mastercard

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

@sjt wrote:

My co-worker called in and requested a product change from QS1 to QS MasterCard with no annual fee after having the card for little over a month. My question is will the refund a portion of the annual fee and do you think they will make this card a World MasterCard? Her credit line is currently $3K.

No they're not going to refund any of the AF.  

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, it can, but they are rare! I have one!

In answer to the OP's other question, it will likely not be a World MasterCard. Capital One's frontline CSRs typically do not perform upgrades to the WMC version (although, once in awhile they will, usually if the limit is over $5000). Often to get the World MasterCard upgrade on your QS MasterCard, you will have to contact the EO like I did.

Message 4 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In answer to the OP's other question, it will likely not be a World MasterCard. Capital One's frontline CSRs typically do not perform upgrades to the WMC version (although, once in awhile they will, usually if the limit is over $5000). Often to get the World MasterCard upgrade on your QS MasterCard, you will have to contact the EO like I did.

Actually my co-worker called this a number and spoke with an Account Manager who then transfered her to another department. The person she spoke with put in the request and it was approved for a reular QS. She did not think to ask for a WMC or a cli.

I did read in another post that folks were upgraded to a WEMC from a Platinum MC with cl as low as $2K, so shes hoping for a WMC or a WEMC.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually my co-worker called this a number and spoke with an Account Manager who then transfered her to another department. The person she spoke with put in the request and it was approved for a reular QS. She did not think to ask for a WMC or a cli.

I did read in another post that folks were upgraded to a WEMC from a Platinum MC with cl as low as $2K, so shes hoping for a WMC or a WEMC.

I think you misread my post. I never claimed that frontline customer service doesn't do upgrades from QS1's to QS's (in fact, MY upgrade to a QS MC originally was from a frontline CSR!)

I stated specifically that frontline CSRs are not normally the ones who process the upgrades from QS MCs to QS World MCs (although once in awhile they do). However, myFICOers have had A LOT more success with the EO for this particular upgrade, as the frontline CSRs are usually powerless here.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

She only had the card for about a month? Interesting...

I thought you had to wait longer for a PC. I'd love to try after my first statement cuts.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

She only had the card for about a month? Interesting...

I thought you had to wait longer for a PC. I'd love to try after my first statement cuts.

They upgraded my platinum to a QS1 after a few weeks. The EO offered to do it (while i was talking to them about another issue) when they realized that I was not using the platinum at all.

Message 8 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

May as well remove EO from the discussion here. They cant be contacted unless you're gonna email them.

To answer your question OP. It hasnt been long enough. Its been one month. Your coworker needs to show history and usage and be patient. An upgrade to a higher level MC is possible in time - via a CSR in fact but your friend needs to be more patient and realistic.
Message 9 of 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Its not a matter of powerless CSRs btw. If the offer to upgrade is available they can do it right away, actually faster than using EO. The difference is EO could do it without an offer being available but alas, the option is basically gone.

At the end of the day its a fairly trivial matter that they probably didn't care to be bothered with. Even I was guilty with my visa signature upgrade via EO but it was such a hassle and so many days of phone tag it seriously wasnt worth it. If you really need a Signature or WEMC etc save yourself the stress and just apply for a product that is one.
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.