cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

@Anonymous wrote:

She only had the card for about a month? Interesting...

I thought you had to wait longer for a PC. I'd love to try after my first statement cuts.

Actually she has the card for almost two months and the second statement was just cut. But none the less, we were surprised with the upgrade.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1 MasterCard to QS MasterCard product change approved! Follow up questions for all.

My QS1 visa was Orchard...i wonder if i can make it a QS master card to get rid of the AF.  My AF gets waived every year because the rep said it can't be removed from the system (this was last year).  He said the notes will be there for all CSRs to see and that i just have to call every year when the AF posts so they can waive it...what a hassle!

Message 12 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My QS1 visa was Orchard...i wonder if i can make it a QS master card to get rid of the AF.  My AF gets waived every year because the rep said it can't be removed from the system (this was last year).  He said the notes will be there for all CSRs to see and that i just have to call every year when the AF posts so they can waive it...what a hassle!

It doesnt matter if its a Visa or MasterCard. You have a "QS1" which has an annual fee and you want to request a product change to a "QS" with no annual fee.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think the QS comes in a world mastercard

Actually, it can, but they are rare! I have one!

In answer to the OP's other question, it will likely not be a World MasterCard. Capital One's frontline CSRs typically do not perform upgrades to the WMC version (although, once in awhile they will, usually if the limit is over $5000). Often to get the World MasterCard upgrade on your QS MasterCard, you will have to contact the EO like I did.

Actually my co-worker called this a number and spoke with an Account Manager who then transfered her to another department. The person she spoke with put in the request and it was approved for a reular QS. She did not think to ask for a WMC or a cli.

I did read in another post that folks were upgraded to a WEMC from a Platinum MC with cl as low as $2K, so shes hoping for a WMC or a WEMC.

I think you misread my post. I never claimed that frontline customer service doesn't do upgrades from QS1's to QS's (in fact, MY upgrade to a QS MC originally was from a frontline CSR!)

I stated specifically that frontline CSRs are not normally the ones who process the upgrades from QS MCs to QS World MCs (although once in awhile they do). However, myFICOers have had A LOT more success with the EO for this particular upgrade, as the frontline CSRs are usually powerless here.

I understood what you were saying, I was just pointing out that my co-worker spoke with an Account Manager wh then transfered her to another department.

Message 14 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Its not a matter of powerless CSRs btw. If the offer to upgrade is available they can do it right away, actually faster than using EO. The difference is EO could do it without an offer being available but alas, the option is basically gone.

At the end of the day its a fairly trivial matter that they probably didn't care to be bothered with. Even I was guilty with my visa signature upgrade via EO but it was such a hassle and so many days of phone tag it seriously wasnt worth it. If you really need a Signature or WEMC etc save yourself the stress and just apply for a product that is one.

When my co-worker was transferred to someone (dont know what department) they did put the request through the system and it was approved. Not sure if she did any kind of overriding, but when my co-worker would make a request for special offers online it came back with nothing. We were pleasently suprised that she was able to PC to a QS considering she has the account for less then two months.

Message 15 of 37
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I just app'd for a new QS card (currently have 2 QS1's) I was approved for a 10k QS VISA Signature card!  I've never had one before so I'm pretty pumped.  The EO was never able to upgrade my QS1 cards, so I decided to try for a new one.  Hoping to combine limits down the road and just have the one QS VS. 

Message 16 of 37
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Its not a matter of powerless CSRs btw. If the offer to upgrade is available they can do it right away, actually faster than using EO. The difference is EO could do it without an offer being available but alas, the option is basically gone.

At the end of the day its a fairly trivial matter that they probably didn't care to be bothered with. Even I was guilty with my visa signature upgrade via EO but it was such a hassle and so many days of phone tag it seriously wasnt worth it. If you really need a Signature or WEMC etc save yourself the stress and just apply for a product that is one.

This. CSR's took care of my upgrade to WMC when I signed in, chatted with them, and asked if I am available for any upgrades. That's where I found out I could PC my two cards too. They originally started out as a platinum and QS1, but now they are both QS, one of them being a WMC. CO's mininum to be considered WMC is a $5K limit, at least that's the notes I was given. Smiley Happy

Personal:

Business:

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will always be faithful to Visa over MC...I need to make that call to the CSR and request to have my QS MC change to Visa and my QS1 Visa change to QS Visa.  I hope they can make it happen.

Message 18 of 37
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will always be faithful to Visa over MC...I need to make that call to the CSR and request to have my QS MC change to Visa and my QS1 Visa change to QS Visa.  I hope they can make it happen.

They aren't able to change MC to Visa or vice versa, unfortunately. That's what I wanted to do as well but it cannot be done!

Personal:

Business:

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

That is exactly what makes them powerless. The system makes the decision and they have no discretion. My verbiage meant nothing personal; they just have no ability to override what it says on their screen, which in a frontline CSR's case is usually not a WMC upgrade.

Despite EO not having an accessible number, they remain reachable through email (as you pointed out), so they are still relevant to discuss. My own WMC upgrade was processed last month through an email to the EO even though the EO (as well as several well-meaning CSRs) first told me that the option wasn't available on my account...but unlike frontline CSRs, the EO was able to override the decision.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.