Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1 PC to QS minimum CL?

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

QS1 PC to QS minimum CL?

Is there a minimum CL required to PC my QS1 to a no AF QS mutant?  I read on this forum that the QS VISA is a $3k SL minimum upon approval. I'm wondering if my QS1 needs to be at 3k before I can turn it into a QS MC mutant.  I'm currently at 1500 and my 6-mo mark from the last CLI is later this month. 

Thanks in advance.

3B profile optimization in progress...
7 REPLIES 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: QS1 PC to QS minimum CL?

I'd wait until you get an increase before doing so.  As far as the $3k min, I'm not really sure.  But keep in mind, even if you get to $3k, there's no guarantee that you'll be able tp PC to a regular QS.  I've read on the forums here of folks with limits a lot higher than $3k, and have had their account a lot longer than 6 months, sometimes even a couple of years, and they still can't get CapOne to PC to a regular QS.  Their upgrades seems to be very random/selective...there is no known triggers to point out that will land an available upgrade on your account.  The only frequent upgrades I see posted here on the forum are regular Platiunum's to QS1's.  But if I were in your shoes I'd wait until your next increase and then try to see if there is an option to upgrade.  Best of luck and chime back in with your results.  

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife had a platinum Mc to regular qs no fee one she had a sl of 800. I'm waiting to change mine until I get over 5k sl on my qs1 topcoat to no fee qs. Customer service stated at 5k I will get upgraded to wemc. Hope this helped.
Message 3 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

There's another thread where the same question was asked (via a post in the thread) and several people spoke up and said they got their PC to a MasterCard QS with a credit line under $3k, so apparently it's not a requirement.

I'll also add that while some people are able to get the PC within weeks of opening their account, my own PC inexplicably took years - literally.  It's very much YMMV regardless of your credit line.  Smiley Frustrated

(If I can locate that other thread I'll come back to this one and provide the link.)

Message 4 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Message 5 of 8
_NERD
Established Contributor

That thread was super informative. That's the kind of material that gets one promoted up the ranks to Community Leader.....

I want a WEMC or WMC mutant, just to say I did it.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nerd - Cap1 doesn't issue the WEMC for these cards. It's a WMC. Your CL needs to be over $5k at the time of a PC in order to get the WMC - that's the easiest path to one. The EO route takes an act of congress to get it done.
Message 7 of 8
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Nerd - Cap1 doesn't issue the WEMC for these cards. It's a WMC. Your CL needs to be over $5k at the time of a PC in order to get the WMC - that's the easiest path to one. The EO route takes an act of congress to get it done.

WEMC do exist and are still offered but by invitation only.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.