Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS1 to QS

tag
disney2
Regular Contributor

QS1 to QS

I want to change my QS1 to QS.  Is there a time limit to wait until to ask for the change or is there a certain score I need to have for this?  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS1 to QS

No one knows the facts. All you can do is keep trying by contacting Capital One.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to do this as well. I have bugged Cap1 a few times via chat to see if there were any offers to upgrade. I will get a credit steps increase the first week of Sept after my 6th statement posts. By then my scores should be at or above 700. I'm going to be getting on chat at least once a month until they upgrade me. Good luck OP. Update us when they finally do upgrade you.

Message 3 of 12
disney2
Regular Contributor

I called CO a few minutes ago.  The rep was super nice and said they have no way of knowing what the requirements are but to call as often as you want to ask if there is an upgrade available to the QS.  No luck for me today though.  I'll keep trying.

Message 4 of 12
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@disney2 wrote:

I called CO a few minutes ago.  The rep was super nice and said they have no way of knowing what the requirements are but to call as often as you want to ask if there is an upgrade available to the QS.  No luck for me today though.  I'll keep trying.

You can also do this via chat on the website. That's how I upgraded from Platinum to QS. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would bug them every month via chat.

I upgraded my platinum to a Quicksilver one so I had to wait six months. I tried a little early this month and was told no. I will try again early September
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to upgrade Platinum to QS within the first couple of months, but I've heard it is harder to upgrade QS1 to QS for some reason. But I know people on here have done it.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was able to upgrade Platinum to QS within the first couple of months, but I've heard it is harder to upgrade QS1 to QS for some reason. But I know people on here have done it.

Perhaps because the QS is supposedly for people with excellent credit and QS1 average credit, hence the annual fee.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disney2 wrote:

I've been trying now for 6 months. The other option is to continue requesting to to waive AF and if hey will not waive AF, I'll just combine the QS1 to my QS, done deal.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.