Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUESTION ABOUT NORDSTROM VISA SIGNATURE

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT NORDSTROM VISA SIGNATURE

Hi everyone I have a EQ score of 746 and a clean report I have had a Nordstrom Store Card since March of 2009 so far $4000.00 cl,  I am interested in requesting an upgrade to I quess nowSmiley Mad what Nordstrom only offers a signature visa has anyone upgraded lately and was it only 1 hard pull on EQ only or any other hard hits and was you able to get a cli as well upon upgrading.  Thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT NORDSTROM VISA SIGNATURE

it's been years but when I upgraded from store to visa, I received a very large CLI and also went down to tier 1 interest rate.  Not sure about credit pulls, I didn't monitor very much back then

Message 2 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

credit addict, what was your score when you switched to a visa? i just got a store card this week. i was gonna wait 4-6 months and then apply for the visa

Message 3 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm not sure... it was originally in my moms name, then I added myself as joint, then removed my moms name and upgraded to visa... think i did the upgrade then removed her and her scores would have been in the mid 700's but then down the road when the account was just in my name I got a CLI from 6k to 8k and my scores were only in the 600's with bankruptcy in past.  They are probably my favorite bank I have ever dealt with

Message 4 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

sorry for highjackin your thread tray but i just wanted to ask credit addict 1 more question. ca, does every bank allow someone thats a joint cardholder to be removed from the account like your mother did? i have a joint account with my mother and i wanted to be removed from her account in the future but i was under the impression that wasnt allowed

Message 5 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

chase pulls credit like a new application and you would have to qualify

nordstrom i don't believe even pulled credit but not sure if they still operate same way

citi stopped allowing removal of joint

household pulls credit like new application

don't believe you can do it with capital one

bank of america don't believe does it either

macys can be joint but not sure about removal of one

neiman marcus you can't remove someone

saks you can't remove

Message 6 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

thanks, the joint acc is with target. im gonna have her check and see if its possible. 

Message 7 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it's not possible with target

Message 8 of 23
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i should of known! thanks once again

Message 9 of 23
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Tray, have you used the card? If so I would go with the upgrade. They may have to pull CR depending on when the got the last update and you can ask for CLI every 4 months.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.