Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUICK SILVER 1 UPGRADE TO VENTURE ONE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QUICK SILVER 1 UPGRADE TO VENTURE ONE

SO I DID ONLINE CHAT AND ASK IF I COULD UPGRADE MY QUICK SILVER ONE TO VENTURE ONE THE LADY DIRECTED ME TO SOMEONE IN THE CREDIT

DEPARTMENT.

HE ASK WHICH ONE I WANTED THEN UPGRADED ME FOR THE VENTURE ONE.

NOT SURE IF THEY RAISED THE MY CREDIT LIMIT.

I NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT BEEN WITH CAPITAL ONE FOR 2 TO 3 YEARS

TRANS 680

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QUICK SILVER 1 UPGRADE TO VENTURE ONE

how do you contact the credit dept ???

Message 2 of 13
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

SO I DID ONLINE CHAT AND ASK IF I COULD UPGRADE MY QUICK SILVER ONE TO VENTURE ONE THE LADY DIRECTED ME TO SOMEONE IN THE CREDIT

DEPARTMENT.

TRANS 680

The Venture One is actually a worse card than the Quicksilver.  Venture One pays only 1.25% cash back that can only be used as a statement credit for travel.  Quicksilver gives 1.5% cash back without any restrictions at all.

The better strategy is to simply ask that the QS 1 be converted to a regular QS so you don't pay an annual fee.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I'll try next time wasn't thinking I guess

I have few rewards card wanted one with travel rewards
Message 4 of 13
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Guess I'll try next time wasn't thinking I guess

I have few rewards card wanted one with travel rewards

Don't feel bad, I only learned this because I did the exact same thing!  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DEPARTMENT.

TRANS 680

The Venture One is actually a worse card than the Quicksilver.  Venture One pays only 1.25% cash back that can only be used as a statement credit for travel. That's some great info to know!!!  Quicksilver gives 1.5% cash back without any restrictions at all.

The better strategy is to simply ask that the QS 1 be converted to a regular QS so you don't pay an annual fee.

Thanks for reporting this CH-7-Rebuilding.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I should stay away from travel rewards
Message 7 of 13
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I should stay away from travel rewards

No, not necessarily, but you should make sure that the travel rewards card is better than an unrestricted card.

These so called "miles" cards are really misleading because they are not really miles.  They are cash back for travel, which can be better for some people, but you can't just add them to your frequent flyer account and get a business class flight to Europe.

The true mileage cards are like the American Airlines card through Citibank or United Explorer through Chase or the various cards that let you transfer real miles to a variety of frequent flyer accounts.  American Express rewards is one such program.  Chase has a similar one (I think it's Chase Saphire Preferred, but I'm not sure since I'm on their poop list).

The regular Venture card with the annual $59 fee pays 2% back to be used for any type of travel (motels, buses, taxis, airline tickets, etc.), but you have to spend over a certain amount to come out further ahead than you would with just a regular Quicksilver.  I think it's like $12,000 a year or so (roughly).

Honestly the best cash back card is not restricted at all and has no annual fee and that is the Citi Double Cash.  It pays 2% back (1% when you charge, 1% when you pay the bill).  There are not travel "miles" i.e., cash back, cards that pay more than 2%.

Real miles cards can have a much higher value because when used for business of first class tickets, sometimes you can get a valuation of 5% or even 10% cash back, but that's assuming you would rather get a $5000 or $10,000 plane ticket.  A lot of people would rather have the cash that they could put towards a coach ticket and then pay for their hotels, etc.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take u get the quick silver signature after receiving the venture card
Message 9 of 13
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How long did it take u get the quick silver signature after receiving the venture card

I don't remember precisely.  My first card was a 3K limit.  I then got four more Cap 1 cards and now have 40K of credit with them on two cards (after combining).

I was able to get four $500 cash back bonuses by getting four Venture cards and putting through 3K through each card.  I have my own business so that was easy.  I used the $2000 to pay for a trip to Hawaii.

With Cap 1, it is way, way easier to just apply for more cards if you want higher limits.  If you start with a 1K card, it can be like pulling teeth trying to get it up to 5K.  But if you wait six months and apply for two more cards in one setting, they can easily give you two 10K cards or more.  It makes no sense but it's the way it works with Cap 1.

You do take some hits to your average age of accounts, but it's a great way to get a nice high limit card, and once you have one, other lenders tend to match or exceed your highest limit going forward.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.