cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUIZ TIME - Do the following count as travel?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QUIZ TIME - Do the following count as travel?

Not really, but I was wondering if any of these count as travel for the CSP or any other card. 

1. Renting a U-Haul
  2. Structure parking
  3. Metered parking
  4. Subway/train and refilling cards for them
  5. Refilling a bus card
  6. Airport spending (e.g. renting a SmarteCate)
  7. Hotel spending like at a gift shop, show, or night club (assuming not, but thought I should ask anyway)
  8. SkyMall (I know they're bankrupt) and other in-flight shopping portals

Can't think of any more obscene categories, but lemme know if there are anymore that are a little out there.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QUIZ TIME - Do the following count as travel?

I'd be curious to know the answers to this as well.. I really think it all depends on which card you are talking about as some are coded differently than others...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be curious to know the answers to this as well.. I really think it all depends on which card you are talking about as some are coded differently than others...

I guess to make things easier to answer, we can go with the CSP, but if they count for any other cards, feel free to list them.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the Barclaycard Arrival+ and I know one of their 'things' is that more counts as travel, as far as redemptions go. They have a nice little chart somewhere that I can't find now, that includes what counts as travel for redemption for them that doesn't count for others. It may have been on a blog, not their site. But from the Terms and Conditions: 

Qualifying Travel Redemptions are defined as: Airlines, Hotels, Motels, Timeshares, Campgrounds, Car Rental Agencies, Cruise Lines, Travel Agencies, Tourist Attractions, Discount Travel Sites, Trains, Buses, Taxis, Limousines, Ferries, and your Barclaycard Arrival Annual Fee (if applicable).

With them you get 2% rewards and if you redeem them towards travel items, then you get an additional 10% of the redeemed value back, so you get more than 2% really. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the Barclaycard Arrival+ and I know one of their 'things' is that more counts as travel, as far as redemptions go. They have a nice little chart somewhere that I can't find now, that includes what counts as travel for redemption for them that doesn't count for others. It may have been on a blog, not their site. But from the Terms and Conditions: 

Qualifying Travel Redemptions are defined as: Airlines, Hotels, Motels, Timeshares, Campgrounds, Car Rental Agencies, Cruise Lines, Travel Agencies, Tourist Attractions, Discount Travel Sites, Trains, Buses, Taxis, Limousines, Ferries, and your Barclaycard Arrival Annual Fee (if applicable).

With them you get 2% rewards and if you redeem them towards travel items, then you get an additional 10% of the redeemed value back, so you get more than 2% really. 

Wow it seems as though Barclay is really generous... And not just with that card Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
dwz55
Regular Contributor

1. Renting a U-Haul- it didn't count on my discover but not sure for csp
  2. Structure parking-yes
  3. Metered parking-yes
  4. Subway/train and refilling cards for them-yes
  5. Refilling a bus card-yes
  6. Airport spending (e.g. renting a SmarteCate) nope(though some places might count as dining)
  7. Hotel spending like at a gift shop, show, or night club (assuming not, but thought I should ask anyway)  nope (some might count as dining)
  8. SkyMall (I know they're bankrupt) and other in-flight shopping portals nope

Chase is pretty generous with travel, but Barclay might be better.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 6 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

If memory serves, they've all counted on the travel statement credit redemptions for the Arrival and Venture for me.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.