Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QVC Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

QVC Credit Card

Hi,

I applied for a QVC credit card online.  I have a few other cards issued by GEMB.  My fico scores are in the high 600's and my goal is to reach 740 next year.  However, I do have a discharged BK that is 6 years old. 

I have applied for a QVC card before (about a year ago) and it always came back with an immediate denial.  Of course my fico score was lower then too and I did not have the other GEMB cards.  This time when I applied online it said they would let me know by email within 24-48 hours and it gave me a reference number.

Do you think this is just a new way of saying you are denied?  Or do you think I still have a chance?  I do most of my shopping at QVC and so this is why I would like the card.

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QVC Credit Card

They may need more information. It is a good thing you shop w/ them- because I have only gotten one CLI from them and a small one at that.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks netpanther.  Yeah, I have heard their CLI are not too great.  I have been shopping with QVC for about 15 years.  It's just one of those cards that I would truly use.  Well, guess I will wait and see what happens... Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

pixie, they are probably doing a manual review. MUCH better than an outright denial.

I buy a lot from them too. Mostly beauty products, purses, and shoes. Smiley Happy

Good luck to you. it's been about 24 hrs so far. As today is Monday, why don't you call them tomorrow? Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

GEMB is not very generous with CLI. Most likely they want to do a manual review. There is no guarantees. I applied for eBay Mastercard issued by GEMB. I got the same message and after talking to the CSR she said the app is denied.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, mine was declined for QVC.  I thought I might have a chance because I have a 3k limit with Care Credit and I also have WalMart which I think are both issued by GEMB.  Oh well.
Message 6 of 7
Baybreeze
Valued Member

Hi, I got approved for this a little over 3 yrs out of BK. The only other card I had at the time for a few months was a $300 Orchard. My scores were all in the mid 600's. I had gotten a pre-app in the mail from them, since I buy alot there, I sent it in. Well after 3 or 4 weeks i heard nothing, so I called them. They had no record of my app, so I did it over the phone w/ the rep, got approved for $300..so needless to say I dont use it much. I kept using my debit card instead.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.