Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualification(s) for AMEX Starwood Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qualification(s) for AMEX Starwood Preferred

Have been receiving offers for AMEX Starwood. Checked previous threads and not much info. Can those of you that have the card (or have info about it) let me know how hard/easy it is to get? What type of scores are needed; what CR do they pull; etc ...  Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Re: Qualification(s) for AMEX Starwood Preferred

Amex mainly Pull EX and no recent lates, no BK, bad history with them

and I'd say your EX should be above 670.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i posted about this before if you look under my name you should find it.

here is my original post.

keep seeing post about all the qualifications that AMEX expects before they approve your credit. Well I got The starwood preferred card in october at the time my scores were in the high 500's with 1 co and 4 collection accounts. $1000 limit on a preapproval. I was going through my email archives and realized that i signed up to be a starwood preferred guest in july, nothing special. I assume that is why i was given the preapproval. I posted this to all who don't think they can get an amex with bad credit. oh by the way only had one cc at the time, target. i like the card and would probably use the rewards more if i weren't on bedrest with new baby on the way.

Message Edited by kiyahsmom on 05-12-2008 08:33 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I thought I remembered someone writing the below, but I couldn't find the post. They just sent me literature not a preapproval so I think I will wait a bit.

@Anonymous wrote:
i posted about this before if you look under my name you should find it.

here is my original post.

keep seeing post about all the qualifications that AMEX expects before they approve your credit. Well I got The starwood preferred card in october at the time my scores were in the high 500's with 1 co and 4 collection accounts. $1000 limit on a preapproval. I was going through my email archives and realized that i signed up to be a starwood preferred guest in july, nothing special. I assume that is why i was given the preapproval. I posted this to all who don't think they can get an amex with bad credit. oh by the way only had one cc at the time, target. i like the card and would probably use the rewards more if i weren't on bedrest with new baby on the way.

Message Edited by kiyahsmom on 05-12-2008 08:33 AM

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.