cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quciksilver One Platinum - WMC/WEMC Upgrade?

tag
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Quciksilver One Platinum - WMC/WEMC Upgrade?

Has anyone had any luck in getting their Platinum mastercard upgraded to a WMC/WEMC? If so did you request it or was it automatic?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Quciksilver One Platinum - WMC/WEMC Upgrade?

I havent had any success yet. I have read stories for both people requesting it through EO

And being automatically upgraded. I think you need a 3 or 5k minimum line though. I have a 2.5k and they keep telling me my line isn't high enough yet.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think it can be done through the EO. There have been a few threads on this recently, and the results have been mixed. Some people are told no, others yes. I think you do have to have a certain credit line and the account has to be open at least 6 months (or something like that).

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think it can be done through the EO. There have been a few threads on this recently, and the results have been mixed. Some people are told no, others yes. I think you do have to have a certain credit line and the account has to be open at least 6 months (or something like that).

It may also depend on under what circumstances your account was opened in.

Platinum Prestige vs QS1 vs Platinum Classic.

Message 4 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, that's part of why some accounts aren't eligible, I assume. Depends what you are starting with. However, OP has a QS1, right? I think that should be eligible, but it's all up to capital one's whims, lol.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yeah, that's part of why some accounts aren't eligible, I assume. Depends what you are starting with. However, OP has a QS1, right? I think that should be eligible, but it's all up to capital one's whims, lol.

I don't believe QS1 would be eligible seeing as it is in fact a subprime product.

Message 6 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Guess it depends on what Capital One feels like doing. I am surprised at how often this is an issue, though, I just for the life of me cannot understand the fascination with upgrading to WMC or Visa Signature. Does anyone actually take advantage of any of the benefits in day to day life? I'm not bashing, go for whatever you want, I just simply do not see what the big deal is. My Sallie Mae is a WMC and looking over the benefits I see nothing that is useful honestly, and whatever benefits that are possibly useful are going to be a PITA to actually use (warranties and such).

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Guess it depends on what Capital One feels like doing. I am surprised at how often this is an issue, though, I just for the life of me cannot understand the fascination with upgrading to WMC or Visa Signature. Does anyone actually take advantage of any of the benefits in day to day life? I'm not bashing, go for whatever you want, I just simply do not see what the big deal is. My Sallie Mae is a WMC and looking over the benefits I see nothing that is useful honestly, and whatever benefits that are possibly useful are going to be a PITA to actually use (warranties and such).

It's largely one of those milestone things like....Buying a new car and actually being able to afford it and not having to eat ramen all the time.

Message 8 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I think Nixon said it last night, not trying to rehash it... The QS1 MC looks like a clown logo... Clowns scare me, enough said:Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my account for 16 months, it was a Platinum until about three weeks ago (when I PC'd to QS), and Monday I got a CLI from $1,500 to $4,500. I asked the EO for an upgrade yesterday. They're reviewing it. I'll let you know my results!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.