Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question... AMEX Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question... AMEX Approvals

Hi All! I received an email from JetBlue for their AMEX card... I fly them often so I decided to go for it. I was approved for a CL of $4k. Since this was my first AMEX approval since an AMEX CO from '01 I decided to try for the AMEX Zync card and I was approved again.... Now, the little guy on my shoulder thinks I should deep six the Zync card... Does anyone have any pros or cons for doing so?  I feel really dirty and greedy for applying twice within an hour.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Re: Question... AMEX Approvals

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All! I received an email from JetBlue for their AMEX card... I fly them often so I decided to go for it. I was approved for a CL of $4k. Since this was my first AMEX approval since an AMEX CO from '01 I decided to try for the AMEX Zync card and I was approved again.... Now, the little guy on my shoulder thinks I should deep six the Zync card... Does anyone have any pros or cons for doing so?  I feel really dirty and greedy for applying twice within an hour.

Well the only pro i know off would be having 2 Amex cards...lol....but what were your vitals when you applied also did you have any negatives?

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrymurph wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well the only pro i know off would be having 2 Amex cards...lol....but what were your vitals when you applied also did you have any negatives?

LOL!

Ahh... The nitty gritty... Ok, I have 6 derogs which are coming off next year, no lates in 6 years, UTI of about 45%, 1 - 2 year old CO (VZW), 1 paid $30k car loan, 1 paid car lease.  Truecredit FAKO - 720.... EQ (FICO) - 657

Message 3 of 7
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@terrymurph wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL!

Ahh... The nitty gritty... Ok, I have 6 derogs which are coming off next year, no lates in 6 years, UTI of about 45%, 1 - 2 year old CO (VZW), 1 paid $30k car loan, 1 paid car lease.  Truecredit FAKO - 720.... EQ (FICO) - 657

Thanks for the quick response...Trying to get my util down cause i want to apply for the zync, citi platinum select, and discover more im currently at 50% . I have subprime cards now and i cant wait to upgrade.

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrymurph wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@terrymurph wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL!

Thanks for the quick response...Trying to get my util down cause i want to apply for the zync, citi platinum select, and discover more im currently at 50% . I have subprime cards now and i cant wait to upgrade.

To be honest with you my UTIL is about 45%-50%... Last year I had only 3 subprimes (4+ years of good history), a paid car loan, a paid car lease, and a good standing CITI Loan. My first good card approval was a CITI Forward for a whooping $8k! I almost fell out of my chair... Since then I've added quite a few decent cards. Time truly is the kind when it comes to getting ones credit in order. I swear on everything that I NEVER will repeat the mistakes I made 9+ years ago.

Message 5 of 7
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you have to pay the AMEX charge off from 2001 before they let you get another amex?

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tazman81 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you have to pay the AMEX charge off from 2001 before they let you get another amex?

Apparently not.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.