Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Closing My Sony Visa

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Question About Closing My Sony Visa

@CreditAddict456 wrote:
I don't think its a bad card at all, i just wish it was through a different bank. I heard with capital one they kinda suck at giving CLI on the sony visa. But maybe with all the luv i see people getting from capital one, maybe ill get a nice increase. Guess ill just wait and see. Thank u for all the replies, guess it is pretty smart just to keep it. Plus i already took 3 hard pulls on it.

Good call like I said I regret closing it. Give it some time and as soon as you know you will have 2xs or 3xs your current limit.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with not closing it but I wouldn't hold my breath for an auto cli...I had a capital one platinum prestige that went from $1k to $3k to $5k to $7k within 2 years all auto and my Sony opened at $750 and is still sitting there and I've had it for twice as long. Now I used the platinum quite a bit more (had a zero percent for 15 month offer) and have never actually asked for a CLI in the Sony but it had been relegated to the sd for me too
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't fret about the limit for now. Try for a CLI at 6, 12 and 18 months. If it means a lot to you, you can cancel down the line, but I think what it comes down to is this: Do you use the card? You got the card for a reason, presumably because you play Sony games and have a PS4. If you aren't using the card, then yes, you should close it. If you use the card, leave it open. 

If you do decide to close the card, I think I would wait until it is more than a year old. Somewhere in the back of my mind is the inference that cards closed in less than a year are assumed to be churning, while those that are older or not. No idea where that is coming from, though. 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do use it but now that i am getting higher cards im slowly getting away from it.
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best thing to do is i guess i should max it out few times a month and pay it off and then they should give me a nice increase when i ask for one. See that i ise way more then what my limit is
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maxing it out is generally a bad idea. It makes you look risky. You want to put some spend on it, but not too much. I'd guess the ideal zone is 10-20% of the value of the card, but certainly not more than 50%. 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if i paid it off b4 the statment? Like right after the transaction are done pending?
Message 17 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It's whether or not it reports as maxed that is the concern.

@FrancoB wrote:

It's a no anual fee credit card, Don't close it.

Despite how often this is stated around here it's a matter for each to determine.  Whether or not no AF is a deciding factor is not a universal matter.

Message 18 of 22
FrancoB
Valued Member

I know, but what I mean is that closing it has no benefit and keeping it has a potential benefit at no cost. if the responsibility and time of managing it is heavier than the benefit for him then you are totally right.

From my experience with a low tier Capital One Card I can say that they won't give you a credit line increase if you don't use enough in the card. My Capital One Mastercard Quick Silver has a $2250 limit and they won't rise it, I tried several times (Soft pulls) and the reason is always the same: "Not enough spending, Usage below 50%" And i was told the same over the phone after several calls. 

Amex Gold Premier Rewards, Amex Platinum, Amex EveryDay Preferred 7k, Chase Freedom unlimited 18.2k, Chase Freedom 7k, Chase United Club 12.5k, Barclay Apple Rewards 10k, Barclay Aviator Silver 5.5k, Discover IT 9.5k, Capital One Quicksilver 3.25k, Kohl's 700, Citi AAdvantage Platinum 7k, Citi Prestige 13k, Citi Hilton Honors 15k, Amex Hilton Honoros 1k, Chase IHG 6k, Chase Sapphire Reserve 30k
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, well maybe ill try today when i statment hits. It be my 2nd statment but i saw a post on here that he tried for one on his 2nd statment and got it. Maybe i will to, but guess well see.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.