Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Online Preapprovals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About Online Preapprovals

Generaly speaking, because decision isn't entirely based on credit score, what is the general credit card score range requirement for the Discover it card? 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

seen as low as 640-645 but the limit is bad and not good terms either. with a good report i wouldn't app with any score under 660 personally
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Credit Pull Statisics, its seems Discover pull mostly from Equifax in my state but then there are a few sparse TransUnion and Experians here and there. Any explaination for this. Does it have something to do with ZIP code?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

equifax is common for the initial application and TU for any CLIs.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From Credit Pull Statisics, its seems Discover pull mostly from Equifax in my state but then there are a few sparse TransUnion and Experians here and there. Any explaination for this. Does it have something to do with ZIP code?

It is the way their algorithms are set up.  Will it ever be disclosed, we don't know. That is why the data is there for you to use and plan accordingly before you apply for their card.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is the way their algorithms are set up.  Will it ever be disclosed, we don't know. That is why the data is there for you to use and plan accordingly before you apply for their card.

Just curious about the sparse percents that weren't pulled from Equifax which was the majority reported for my state. But my assumption would be, the highest chance that they would pull my TU score. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking at the stats sheet; does anything know if an applicant was decline for the Discover it card because the credit report had 5 accounts that were openned during the last 24 months?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

they're semi new account conscious but not that much. that's chase with that rule
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it MilesEquifaxno748$0San PedroCA907312015-03-286 inq, also pulled TU, prompted to call in and advised decline, 6% util, 3 years aaoa, no negs

This is an odd decline, I think.

Message 19 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

May have been something on that persons report that spooked Disco. We'll never know.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.