Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Pre-Approvals from BOA, Platinum Visa,

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question About Pre-Approvals from BOA, Platinum Visa,

Ok thanks for the input.

So I shouldn't expect, for example, to be able to call up and get reservations at a NYC restaurant two hours in advance on a Friday night?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok thanks for the input.

So I shouldn't expect, for example, to be able to call up and get reservations at a NYC restaurant two hours in advance on a Friday night?

Actually, I've used them for just that sort of thing. Once they pulled it off, another time they didn't.

Works great for last minute Broadway tickets, too.

They're a great saftey net, too: once I drove to SF for dinner and the symphony. Had too much to drink after the symphony and realized I shouldn't drive. I called them up and had them send a livery driver to take us home, and to bring an extra person to drive our car behind the livery car so we wouldn't have to come back and pick it up the next day.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the BofA Visa Signature, Accolades, and regular Amex Rewards (this is being product changed to a MC) cards. I'm pretty sure all 3 use the same MyConcierge service.

I find MyConcierge most useful for issues where I don't want to or have time to do the leg work. Example: I use it to send flowers to my wife. I tell them where she works, the price range, what color of flowers she likes, delivery date, etc, and they're the ones who do the hunt to find a local florist who meets the criteria and arrange the delivery.

I also used them to buy a Nintendo Wii, which is mostly out of stock everywhere. I had them do the legwork to hunt down someplace with them in stock and have it shipped to me.

I once used them for car detailing: find a guy to pick my car up at work, detail it, and bring it back.

I definitely find it useful, but it's best to use it for purchases that require some time and effort and are easy to delegate.

Message Edited by watchnerd on 04-08-2008 01:44 PM

Message Edited by watchnerd on 04-08-2008 01:45 PM

OOOOOooooo. Good to know. I also have the Signature VISA and World Pts. AMEX cards through B of A, but since I've been taking advantage of the 0% BT offers, haven't accumulated much in the way of points. Since I'll be paying them off in Aug & May, respectively, as the 0% expire then, I was curious what MyConcierge might do for me. Can't wait to try it out now!  Just noticed that I get extra points for shopping through their Mall (as high as 14x pts in some places), so that's a huge bonus, too. I've always loved BofA, but I think we just got married now! ;-)
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to have any points accumulated to use MyConcierge. It's totally unrelated to the rewards points program.

MyConcierge is like having a personal shopper (at least temporarily). They charge what they've been told to buy to your card.

Just call them up and have them deliver ice cream to your work or something to get a feel for it.

Message Edited by watchnerd on 04-08-2008 08:07 PM
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.