Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question?.......Best Buy Mastercard.

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Question?.......Best Buy Mastercard.

From anyone experiences with Best Buys Mastercard. I applied online in October and got a message to call the to verify my info, well when I called apparently, there was a fraud alert active on my credit file and my contact number wasn't updated for them to call and verify. The rep said I was on my way to get approved but because of the fraud alert and contact info wasn't updated, it was declined. I call Equifax and update my contact info but when I called back to Best Buy they said I had to re-apply again and can't use the sme application number. So now I have to wait till January to re-apply which means another HP from Cap1!! My questions is, should I re-apply again and having a HP and not even guarantee if I'm gonna get approved this time around or does anyone know a backdoor number that I can call to recon my previous app? Any help wouldbe appreciated. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: Question?.......Best Buy Mastercard.

Most lenders will want a fresh pull depending on the time since the last one, it sounds like you're over 60 days so I'd expect the pull even via backdoor.  If it made sense to apply in October it ought to make sense to apply now, the out of date fraud alert info on your Equifax isn't really the lender's fault.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Thank s for the info, unfortunitely my fraud alert was extended for 7yrs. I never placed the fraud alert on my file, it was added automatically becasue I had a dispute with Experian about an account that wasn't mine, so they decided to call Equifax and had a fraud alert placed on my account without me authorizing it. They said it's precedures that they do. So now I have to send thema letter in writing to have fraud alert removed. Anyways I just hope in January when I re-apply the HP would be worth it. Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

What does your file look like? It would be terrible if you went through all this and ended up with the gold mc w/ an AF.
Message 4 of 10
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Well, like I said I would hate for them to pull a HP again after I applied already but from what their telling me, they need to HP to get my updated information, which I understand but still another HP though. As far as my file, I currently have Orchard cc for about 2yrs paid ontime cl $520 w/bal of $400. I have a secured Cap1 cl $300 w/bal of $230, I just just approved for a Walmart cc 2 weeks ago cl $200 haven't used yet and I have a Target approval 2 weeks ago cl $200 and haven't used that either. I just applied for a Wells Fargo secured card, they declined because I didn't transfer the funds in my checking account to fund the card but already spoke to  rep and I got that straighten out. My score in January was around 530's, now EQ.=618, TU=585, Exp.=565. Credigt Karma score is 626. So I have inproved but since the last 2yrs I have about 25-30 inquires on my report. I have 2 judgments from 5yrs ago and 3 baddies. Since the last 2 weeks I've been "app happy" so I'm sure that's gonna pull my score down. I have to get my credit ultilization down with my revolving high balances. I hope in January when I re-apply for Best Buys mastercard, they will approve.

Message 5 of 10
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I just responded to your semi duplicate post. I didn't realize that you app'd for this way back in Oct and are just calling back for a recon. In this case you do need to reapply.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

It happened to me before with GE Capital. They told me I have to apply again. I didn't apply. Is the card worth for any other hard pull? I have Cap1/HSBC  both MC andstore card. You always talk to Indian CSR. I don't think they will do recon like other creditor. Their customer service is not helpful.

Ron. 

Message 7 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Definitely not worth it. You would end up with the $59 Gold MC with those scores probably.
Message 8 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Definitely not worth it. You would end up with the $59 Gold MC with those scores probably.

I don' think they have $59 Gold MC any more. They only offer No AF MC Platinum or store card.

Ron.

Message 9 of 10
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I think I'll settle with what I have as of now and not worry about the Best By Mastercard bt it would be nice to have though. Thanks for everyone's help.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.