Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: CareCredit and FSA Account

tag
Kesh
Valued Member

Question: CareCredit and FSA Account

Hi Everyone!

Quick question: Can you use the funds in your flexible spending account to pay for the medical charges (orthodontics in my case) placed on the CareCredit credit card?

Thanks in advance!

Kesh

Starting Score: 519 Circa 2010
Current Score: EQ: 659 3.31.14
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Re: Question: CareCredit and FSA Account

Best to ask your health plan administrator to be sure, but with any FSA plan I have ever had the answer was "yes".

Just make sure to save the receipts from the original medical charges and submit those for reimbursement from your FSA plan. Your CareCredit statement is not going to be acceptable as a "medical expense" so you must have a record of the actual expense.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 2 of 3
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: Question: CareCredit and FSA Account

@Kesh wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Quick question: Can you use the funds in your flexible spending account to pay for the medical charges (orthodontics in my case) placed on the CareCredit credit card?

Thanks in advance!

Kesh

Yes !

If you're paying with your CareCredit card & filing for direct reimbursement, you would need to request a direct receipt from the provider (or a copy of the charge slip with CPT codes/date of service) detailing what you paid for verification along with your claim. After your insurance "pays", file it along with your EOB (Explanation of Benefits) to "keep it simple" & avoid conflict. I work in a medical office & many clients come to me afterwards indicating the need for itemized receipts....and I'm a FSA participant as well, except I pay direct & file to reimburse.

The FSA plans don't care what method you use to pay, just confirm that YOU paid.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.