Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Chase Pre-App Platinum Visa Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question Chase Pre-App Platinum Visa Card

Very quick and simple got a Chase Platinum Visa Pre-Appr-in mail today about the third one in recent months No BT fees, NO payments for up to 15 mos, Then fixed 7.99% after that. Is this card considered a prime card does it carry any weight?. Is it worth the hit on my FICO score avg account age, Inq ,..so on. Need honest opinion to help decide whether to app or not. Thanks Credit 08
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question Chase Pre-App Platinum Visa Card

It's a "prime" card, in that it's from Chase. I suppose you could call it their entry-level card. It doesn't have any rewards or anything, but it's a good foot in the door with Chase.

I'm getting the mailers too, but I already have the Chase Borders, and I'm shooting for Chase Freedom next year. But if I didn't have the Borders, I'd probably go for this one, just in hopes to upgrade eventually to a rewards card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question Chase Pre-App Platinum Visa Card

Insert Smileys good evening H, I knew I could depend on ya, I have never had a chase card of any kind I have, seen on the forum recently a topic on what were seen as Prime cards. Me personally I would like to have a prime card that carried some weight when viewed by other card banks. I just do not want to open a new account and may possibly have to settle for a lesser card. Again thanks as always for you lightnin fast replys. Credit 08
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.