It's my bedtime, hurry up.

fused wrote:
I'm calling them right NOW!

Hey I'm holding my breath here...cmon fused

Message 61 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question - Discover Card - Whats your limit

Let's give Fused some breathing room...sure he's still on the phone...

everybody back into the closet so we can all jump out and say "hooray"

shuuuuuuuuuushhhhhhh
Message 62 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vanyel wrote:

Have you requested a limit increase? I was afraid that when I app'dthey would give me the HSBC version with a similar limit.  I think you may want to call, I understand their underwriting may have changed a little.

I have seen the Amex Sky miles spit out that type of limit but didn;t know Discover did.

Ahh that must be in I do believe the bank behind the Discover in my wallet is HSBC.  So that must be the difference.

Van

More than likely so.  HSBC is known for low limits on the discover they offer

Message 63 of 151
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

How many inqs do you already have? I thought you had been the model of restraint. Did DW not smack you with the shoe in time last week?

This is not poor impulse control, I have been wanting to do this for a loooong time. Discover TD me two years a ago and it's been goal to make them see that I'm a good risk. My other reasons are similar to Brammy's besides I think she has known my wish to have one for some time. I like the purple version, so here I go.

No, I know it's not poor impulse control; I didn't mean that. I didn't understand why you were worried about the inq's, since I know that you don't app very often. Didn't think that you had very many. Sorry! Smiley Sad

Oh well, he's on the phone, blessing out some poor CSR.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 64 of 151
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Yay! I'm approved for 10K with an APR of 10.99%. All I did was climb the ladder and spoke with a
decision-maker. He said there were two problems: my address on EX (hard, I knew it) was not correct and second my income was going to approve me for 50K on their automated system, and he said when this happens, they have to do a manual review which takes a few business days. He said I can accept the 10K then call them back next week and shoot for 50K. I might just do that. Now I'm going to yank my FICO EX and see what the affect to my score is.
Message 65 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Oh well, he's on the phone, blessing out some poor CSR.

Fused seems to be the type that will be patienly listening.  Probably still on hold.  I think he got it.

Message 66 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
Yay! I'm approved for 10K with an APR of 10.99%. All I did was climb the ladder and spoke with a
decision-maker. He said there were two problems: my address on EX (hard, I knew it) was not correct and second my income was going to approve me for 50K on their automated system, and he said when this happens, they have to do a manual review which takes a few business days. He said I can accept the 10K then call them back next week and shoot for 50K. I might just do that. Now I'm going to yank my FICO EX and see what the affect to my score is.

Oh I am Soooooo jealous!!!!  lol

Message 67 of 151
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:

Woo-hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 68 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an awesome starting CL- with an AWESOME PERCENTAGE rate to go along with it!!!

Now THAT'S how it's done!!!

Will prob take me at least a year and a half to get to 10K!

Message 69 of 151
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Just yanked my FICO EX and lost 7 points for the inq but who cares. This was almost as much fun as other great events in my live. It's over with, thanks for encouragement especially you Brammy.Smiley Happy
Message 70 of 151
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.