cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Has anyone PC'd a Diamond Pref to any other Citi product?

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Question: Has anyone PC'd a Diamond Pref to any other Citi product?

I'm thinking I want to PC my Diamond Pref to another Citi product.  Anyone ever have any success with this?  What did you transfer to?  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Question: Has anyone PC'd a Diamond Pref to any other Citi product?

Can't say that I have PC from that particular card but I can tell you from experience that dealing with Citi CSR is hit or miss. It may take a few tries and it's going to depend on who you talk to. It took me three separate calls to PC from Platinum select to Thank you preferred. Some of the CSR or clueless and some don't want to help.

Message 2 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Can't say that I have PC from that particular card but I can tell you from experience that dealing with Citi CSR is hit or miss. It may take a few tries and it's going to depend on who you talk to. It took me three separate calls to PC from Platinum select to Thank you preferred. Some of the CSR or clueless and some don't want to help.

LOL... Thanks!  I hope that I don't have to deal with that mess... Smiley Happy  I'm not even sure what cards I can PC to if I decide to this December.  Thanks again!

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 9
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

I pc'd from a Citi platinum to the Diamond preferred. I only talked to one rep and they informed me that the transfer would take a while. I think it took like a month or 45 days or so. It's like they were giving me time to stay with my card. They sent me a letter letting me know on which date my card would switch over and everything. Obviously, it's a big deal to them. And that's fine with me. I even thought a couple of times during my wait to stay with the Citi platinum but finally the date came and I've been a Diamond preferred cardholder ever since. Hope this helps with your question... 

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 4 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks- it does help.  So that's a confirm that it's possible to PC by 2 individuals now.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

I had a different experience from 'tubesock'. Citi CSR initatied my transfer friday Aug. 31 and my new card arrived on Thursday Sept. 6. CSR did say the change will fully take place Oct. 20 so i have until then to change my mind. I have received no letters about the change just a generic white envelope with my new card and on the reverse a letter welcoming me to Thank you preferred and thanking me for being a loyal customer since 2008.

Message 6 of 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Excellent!  I was thinking the Thankyou Perf or the Forward.  Is the Thankyou card a VISA siggy?

Message 7 of 9
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Excellent!  I was thinking the Thankyou Perf or the Forward.  Is the Thankyou card a VISA siggy?

CSR gave me an option of either Visa Sig or World Mastercard. I stuck to Mastercard because that is what my Platinum select was. I decided against Forward because I don't like how the points on it have a yearly 75k cap and a 5 year expiration.

Message 8 of 9
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

I'm thinking I want to PC my Diamond Pref to another Citi product.  Anyone ever have any success with this?  What did you transfer to?  Thanks! Smiley Happy

I just PC'd from the Dimaond Preferred to Citi Thank You Preferred (World Mastercard)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.