Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: NEW Lord & Taylor cc-Saks?

tag
I-got-it-finally
New Contributor

Question: NEW Lord & Taylor cc-Saks?

Hi All

I just received my new L&T replacement card, since CapOne acquired the portfolio. On the back of the card,   it lists/or has the logos for Saks Fifth Avenue, Off Fifth, and Hudson Bay.

Does that mean the card can now be used in those stores as well? 

Working everyday... to be better and wiser.
Goal: 710-750

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
I-got-it-finally
New Contributor

Can you use your Lord & Taylor card at Saks?

Can you use your Lord & Taylor card at Saks?

Message 2 of 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Question: NEW Lord & Taylor cc-Saks?

I would think so, you would think that is why they put it there.......

I looked around and couldn't find an answer, but I tried.  Maybe they haven't yet told you you can.  Similar to Macy's and Bloomingdales.  I don't have a Bloomies near me or I would try it out, but supposedly you can use the two store cards interchangeably at each store.  I think I even got that info from the Macy's website.....  I did look all over the Saks sight and their parent company, out of curiousity, and couldn't find an answer.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TiggerDat wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an answer, but I tried.  Maybe they haven't yet told you you can.  Similar to Macy's and Bloomingdales.  I don't have a Bloomies near me or I would try it out, but supposedly you can use the two store cards interchangeably at each store.  I think I even got that info from the Macy's website.....  I did look all over the Saks sight and their parent company, out of curiousity, and couldn't find an answer.

Cannot say for sure about Macy's, but Bloomingdale's confirmed that you cannot use a Macy's card in their store. So it doesn't seem that they are interchangeable. Just fyi.
Message 4 of 19
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@TiggerDat wrote:

I wasn't able to find any recent information on this.

As far as Macy's and Bloomies, you can only use those at their respective stores.   But many stores are able to accept store cards among their brand.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 19
I-got-it-finally
New Contributor

Thanks for the info. I looked too, but no clear answer. Maybe its just branding.

Message 6 of 19
I-got-it-finally
New Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

I looked too, but no clear answer. Thanks for the help... I guess time will tell

Message 7 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@I-got-it-finally wrote:

Hi All

I just received my new L&T replacement card, since CapOne acquired the portfolio. On the back of the card,   it lists/or has the logos for Saks Fifth Avenue, Off Fifth, and Hudson Bay.

Does that mean the card can now be used in those stores as well? 

I'm going with yes you can. Just like Gap, BR, ON, are interchangeable. Read the very first lineSmiley Happy 

image.jpg

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently your Lord & Taylor credit card can only be used at Lord & Taylor stores and lordandtaylor.com. We hope to be able to offer you the opportunity to use your Lord & Taylor credit card at all HBC stores in the future. Thank you!

Message 9 of 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently your Lord & Taylor credit card can only be used at Lord & Taylor stores and lordandtaylor.com. We hope to be able to offer you the opportunity to use your Lord & Taylor credit card at all HBC stores in the future. Thank you!

So why put the other store names on the card then?  Seems a bit misleading.....

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.