Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Authorized users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question Regarding Authorized users

I am trying to get a car loan long story short this is about Credit Cards though.  My mother passed away in November.  I had to take a month off work because of issues regarding this as she slowly died.  We lived off credit cards for a month.  I make pretty good money most of the time.  Goes up and down but usally avereages out every year to withing 2k.  My question is Most of the high Utilization cards are on my wifes side.  I am authorized user on them.  If I get them to remove me as one.  Would this bring up my credit score?  And if so how long does it take the ones that need to be removed are Walmart Store card Shell CITI Card Buypower and one capital one one and Lowes.  Is it easy to do and if so how long after you tell them to remove me does it update to Credit Report?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question Regarding Authorized users

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to get a car loan long story short this is about Credit Cards though.  My mother passed away in November.  I had to take a month off work because of issues regarding this as she slowly died.  We lived off credit cards for a month.  I make pretty good money most of the time.  Goes up and down but usally avereages out every year to withing 2k.  My question is Most of the high Utilization cards are on my wifes side.  I am authorized user on them.  If I get them to remove me as one.  Would this bring up my credit score?  And if so how long does it take the ones that need to be removed are Walmart Store card Shell CITI Card Buypower and one capital one one and Lowes.  Is it easy to do and if so how long after you tell them to remove me does it update to Credit Report?

Impossible for us to know whether your scores will go up or not without knowing a lot more about your entire credit report.  If the cards that you are an AU on show high overall utilization for the card and cause your total credit limit utilization to be high then they very well could cause your scores to decrease.

If you remove yourself as an AU on a card it usually takes about 30 days or one reporting period to update.  However these accounts dont always remove themselves and people have to file disputes with the CRAs to get them removed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks alot good info to know. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks alot good info to know. 

You're welcome and good luck

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.