Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Chase and CLIs on more than 1 Card

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Question Regarding Chase and CLIs on more than 1 Card

Hello!

This is my first and only thread that I've posted to this forum. I've tried searching for this answer, and I've not been able to find it. Please forgive me if someone can find it easier than I can. My question is this: Can you call Chase and get one HP for CLI increases on all of your cards? Has anyone tried this?

My CLs on all my cards are much, much higher than all of my Chase cards combined. (Amazon 800, Freedom 500, and Some blue Rewards card for 500) I plan on gardening for at least 6 months if not more due to at least 6 inquiries on all of the CRAs. (6 Experian, 10 Equifax, 6 Transunion) Some of these were unintentional, but that doesn't matter does it? Smiley Happy (Amex Credit Secure says that my scores are 739 across the board, but I don't know if that's true, obviously.)

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question Regarding Chase and CLIs on more than 1 Card

@KennyS2006 wrote:

Hello!

This is my first and only thread that I've posted to this forum. I've tried searching for this answer, and I've not been able to find it. Please forgive me if someone can find it easier than I can. My question is this: Can you call Chase and get one HP for CLI increases on all of your cards? Has anyone tried this?

My CLs on all my cards are much, much higher than all of my Chase cards combined. (Amazon 800, Freedom 500, and Some blue Rewards card for 500) I plan on gardening for at least 6 months if not more due to at least 6 inquiries on all of the CRAs. (6 Experian, 10 Equifax, 6 Transunion) Some of these were unintentional, but that doesn't matter does it? Smiley Happy (Amex Credit Secure says that my scores are 739 across the board, but I don't know if that's true, obviously.)

Since each product is considered a separate platform, each HP will be done per request/CC.  It is very rare when an HP would be used for any number of Chase products in one shot.

Message 2 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Well, that doesn't rock. Smiley Sad Oh well, looks like I have to deal with the low CLs then. Thanks for your response!
Message 3 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Request a CLI on just 1 of your cards, then you can move around CL's. Only 1 HP. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 18
randeman
Frequent Contributor

You could always space them out every six months.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 6 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would add the the Flexible Rewards CC that you have is an underperformer as far as rewards go - unless you're holding onto it for other reasons.  This was a legacy B1 product or a tiered semi-prime WaMu product during the Chase/WaMu CC acquisition.  You could consolidate that CL into your Freedom since the point/reward redemption value is better on the Freedom (Flexible Rewards just needs to be at 0 balance when this is done).

Message 7 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I've just kept it for AAoA's sake. I think I'll just space them out over 6 months or so.

On a side note, I know the Amex 3x cli has been beat to death, but I never requested it on day 61 probably day 610 lol! Can you request a CLI with amex every 61 days or is that just at the beginning?
Message 8 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Yeah, I've just kept it for AAoA's sake. I think I'll just space them out over 6 months or so.

On a side note, I know the Amex 3x cli has been beat to death, but I never requested it on day 61 probably day 610 lol! Can you request a CLI with amex every 61 days or is that just at the beginning?

The general consensus for requesting a 3x CLI for AMEX revolvers is 61 days for new accounts and then 90 days thereafter.

Message 9 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

The general consensus for requesting a 3x CLI for AMEX revolvers is 61 days for new accounts and then 90 days thereafter.

It's actually 61 days for new accounts and then every 6 months from the last CLI approved. You only have to wait 90 days if your CLI request was denied.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.